At Optum, the mission is clear: Help people live heathier lives and help make the health system work better for everyone
LHI is one of 4 businesses under OptumServe. OptumServe provides health care services and proven expertise to help federal government agencies modernize the U.S. health system and improve the health and well-being of Americans.
By joining OptumServe you are part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a leader across most major segments in the U.S. health care system.
LHI was founded in 1999 and acquired by Optum in 2011, LHI specializes in creating and managing health care programs through on-location services, patient-specific in-clinic appointments, telehealth assessments, or any combination based on customer need. LHI's customizable solutions serve the diverse needs of commercial customers, as well as federal and state agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs, and Health and Human Services.
There's an energy and excitement here, a shared mission to improve the lives of others as well as our own. Ready for a new path? Start doing your life's best work.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday- Saturday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 10:00am to 7:00pm Monday - Friday with a rotating Saturday shift of 7:00am to 3:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime. Our office is located at LHI, 102 Jay St, La Crosse, WI 54601. If you are located within 75 miles of La Crosse, WI, Atlanta, GA, Tampa, FL or San Antonio, TX, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Training will be conductedvirtually from your home.
What we do defines who we are.Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global healthcrisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid-19 ResourcesPage at: https://info.uhg.com/
*All Telecommuters will berequired to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Make contacts to schedule a variety of specific medical and dental services in accordance with customer availability and contract guidelines. Respond to a variety of inquiries and resolves issues with regard to the appointment scheduling/fulfillment processing and service completion in a timely manner while maintaining sensitivity toward military culture
- Conduct customer contacts related to Health Assessment processing, referral follow-up, educations and resource inquiries
- Identify potential behavioral health situations and follow contract specific protocol to assist callers.
- Maintain constant awareness of service level and queue status in order to meet contractual requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Customer service experience
- Ability to create, copy, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience working in the Healthcare Industry
- Experience working with Medicaid or Medicare
- Experience working in a call center environment
- Prior military experience
- Residewithin 75 miles of La Crosse, WI, Atlanta, GA, Tampa, FL or San Antonio, TX
- Required to have adedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas andprovides information privacy
- Ability to keepall company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in alocation that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internetconnection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealthGroup is an essential business. The health and safety of our team membersis our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowlywelcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with manysafety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirmthe return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specifictrends. At this time, 90% of our non-clinical workforce transitioned to a workat home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources andsupport as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers whodepend on us.
Someof the steps we’ve taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Transitioned our new hire training classes to be conductedvirtually
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to helpease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and theirimmediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support andinspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measuresfor employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live withsomeone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn moreabout all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with LHI. Our focus is simple. We’re innovators in cost - effective health care management. And when you join our team, you’ll be a partner in impacting the lives of our customers, and employees. We’ve joined OptumHealth, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the health system work better for everyone. We’re located on the banks of the beautiful Mississippi River in La Crosse, Wis., with a satellite office in Chicago and remote employees throughout the United States. We’re supported by a national network of more than 25,000 medical and dental providers. Simply put, together we work toward a healthier tomorrow for everyone. Our team members are selected for their dedication and mission - driven focus. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UHG, Healthcare, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, Provider Services, health care, office, phone support, training class, work at home, work from home, WAH,WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately