Our client in in San Antonio is seeking a full-time, talented litigation paralegal with 4+ years’ experience to manage an active docket for an established and reputable San Antonio law firm. The position offers competitive pay and benefits, 401K, and PTO! This is a great Firm to make a home and grow with the firm. Great firm culture.
- Preparation of pleadings: deposition notices; basic petitions (collection actions, forcible detainer); subpoenas; requests for production of documents; interrogatories; request for admissions; motions to compel answers, for substation, for non-suit; orders for judgment; writ of execution, and others.
- Compile answers to interrogatories and responses to production requests by file review, correspondence and/or interviews with clients, and other outside sources.
- Responsibilities include reviewing contracts, preparing billings, waivers and other construction documents
- Review and analyze pleadings, contracts, discovery, and various legal issues to assist attorneys in implementing appropriate legal action.
- Selective legal research and shepardizing; interpret, summarize and apply cases.
- Have knowledge of Texas Rules of Civil Procedure and be familiar with assembling hearing notebooks, scheduling depositions, and managing discovery.
- Maintain calendar and case docketing system.
- Review and summarize depositions, Documents, and Contracts
- Attend pre-trial and trials assisting with voir dire and exhibits.
- Assisting with the preparation, filing and service of pleadings, motions, deposition notices, discovery requests, responses, and objections.
- Prepare correspondence, status reports, and pre-mediation and pre-trial reports for clients.
- Prepare attorneys for hearings, depositions, mediations, and trials including notebooks with pertinent pleadings, discovery, and documents.
- E-file legal documents, initiate and monitor record orders, prepare draft subpoenas and deposition.
- Prepare draft jury charge, witness list, exhibit list, and page/line deposition designations.
- 5+ years’ of Paralegal experience within Commercial Litigation.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certification with combination of education and years of experience.
- Great tenure in previous roles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate effectively and in a professional manner with all levels of the Firm and outside vendors
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and general database management.
Compensation and benefits for this position are very competitive. Compensation in this position can reach up to $72k + bonus for the ideal individual. PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of response to this posting, candidates without the above stated experience will not be contacted. We appreciate your understanding. Do not let this unique opportunity pass by. If you are interested in learning more about this role, e-mail your resume directly to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] This search is priority to our client and they ready to interview. Our client is only looking at individuals within daily commuting distance to the San Antonio area.
- Formatting correspondence and legal documents
- Preparing pleadings, general correspondence, other legal documents
- Dictated correspondence and pleadings from attorneys
- Transcribe correspondence and various legal documents and forms
- Proofread and edit legal documents
- Save documents and emails to a document management system according to firm policy and timekeeper specifications
- Prepare legal documents including pleadings, motions, orders, correspondence, timelines and other legal documents
- Prepare contracts and other legal documents
- Manage electronic legal matter files
- File legal documents with clerks of the court
- Draft a variety of legal documents
- Organizing, updating and filing legal case files
- Filing legal documents with regulatory agencies
- Support attorneys and paralegals/legal assistants in day-to-day legal practice
- Prepare/draft pleadings and other legal documents
- Enter attorney time in TABS
- Review legal journals and assist with legal research
- Perform records and legal research
- Revise correspondence, memorandums, and other legal documents
- Verify and route correspondence, reports and legal documents