Onin Staffing is looking for line operators for a warehouse located in Schertz, TX.
- Basic computer knowledge and the willingness to learn new computer applications.
- Willingness to work evenings, night shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Must demonstrate cooperation, teamwork, and interpersonal skills in working with other departments.
- Ability to interpret information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to perform basic math skills such as add/subtract/multiply/divide.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
- Must be able to transport or move up to 50+lbs., ability to climb stairs and ladders, and work in tight spaces around machinery.
- Ability to work in a hot/cold manufacturing environment, which can include standing and/or sitting for the duration of the task.
- ability to work overtime as needed.
Production line operators must read and follow written instructions and work orders.
Start and Stop Production Lines
Production line operators start and stop the production line as needed to keep up with workflow and prevent potential safety hazards.
Load and Unload
Production line operators load and unload items on the production line. This may include packaging or unpackaging products.
Perform Quality Control
Production line operators inspect products for defects and pull defective items off the line before they proceed further in the production process. All defective products must be properly labeled and rerouted away from the production area.
Set Machine Settings
Production line operators place line machinery on the correct settings in regard to speed and heat when different products or different phases of production are being used, according to company machine specifications.
Production line operators properly label all products and ensure that labels and product information match.
Clean Work Area
Production line operators keep work areas clean and neat to avoid product contamination and maintain workplace safety. This may include sweeping, mopping, and performing general housekeeping tasks.
Production line operators follow all safety guidelines and regulations as laid out by OSHA and the hiring company, which includes wearing proper safety equipment.
Stack Finished Products
Production line operators place all finished products on pallets to be delivered to other locations within the factory.
- Mechanical skills – basic mechanical aptitude and good manual dexterity are essential for production line operators, who work constantly with their hands
- Physical fitness – because manufacturing environments can be hot or cold depending on outside conditions, and because production line operators must frequently lift heavy materials, physical fitness is essential for this career path
- Attention to detail – production line operators perform quality control by verifying that all materials on the line meet company standards, which requires good attention to detail
- Computer skills – many production line systems are automated, so employers prefer production line operators who have at least basic computer skills
- Communication skills – production line operators maintain good verbal communication with supervisors and fellow workers
Onin believes that your health is important. Medical benefits should be affordable and easy to use with your busy schedule. That’s why we offer our teammates custom-built benefits that are affordable and convenient to use. When you’re a part of our team, you will have affordable benefits you’ll actually want to use such as; $5 Prescription drug copays, $5 Doctor’s Visit copays, Free Teledoctor Service, Free Counseling Services, Life Insurance Included, Vision Insurance Included, Dental Insurance Included, Vacation and Holiday Pay and Scholarship Opportunities. You will get these amazing benefits and more after just 30 days.