Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with Manufacturing Engineer in plant and system changes.
• Directs workers in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment.
• Diagnoses malfunctions in machinery and equipment.
• Electronic Torque monitoring equipment and Allen Brady systems and to make system modifications and changes as requested.
• Directs workers engaged in dismantling, assembling, and installing industrial machinery.
• Supervises the maintenance HVAC system, security systems and other equipment.
• Works with Production Superintendent on equipment modifications and improvement.
• Submits monthly reports related to Maintenance Department activity to Engineering Manager
• Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
• Sets the schedule and supervises the tracking of preventative maintenance.
• Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules. Confers with other supervisors/superintendents to coordinate activities of individual departments.
• Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Coordinates the training of Maintenance Technicians.
• Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving problems.
• Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Responsible for multiple budgetary accounts.
• Interpret company quality policy and Operating Description Sheets to workers, requiring them to meet and exceed specifications in order to contribute to the making of a work-class quality product. Supervisory Responsibilities:
• Responsible for management of maintenance inventory and inventory systems.
• Develops and implements preventive maintenance program ( eg maximo ) in conjunction with engineering and maintenance staff.
• Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies required for operations.
• Leads the planning, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and financial goals.
Environmental, Health & Safety:
? Ensure the protection of the environment, prevention of pollution and the continual improvement of the Environmental Management System.
? Providing leadership in developing measures and practices that prevent accident and ensure compliance with OSHA and EPA/TCEQ standards. This includes: continuously monitor the workplace for hazardous environmental, health, and safety conditions. ? Ensure environmental, health and safety hazards are corrected, eliminated or guarded
? Assessing engineering controls, administrative controls, and PPE on an on-going basis
? Assisting in the investigation of accidents. This includes:
? Identifying hazardous situations that are associated with the accident
? Having the authority to: Stop and prevent unsafe actions; stop the use of unsafe equipment and tools, stop work and/or have employees leave a work area
? Investigate all near misses and other environmental/safety-related incidents that have occurred within the incident area
? Ensure the results of environmental/safety audits are documented; monitoring the investigation of accidents and injuries; ensuring that corrective actions are taken; and providing recommendations for ways to prevent similar accidents
? Ensure that all incident reports are completed in a timely and accurate manner
Must understand and comply with all applicable Customer Specific Requirements (SQAM)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Technical field. 5+ years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, blueprints and procedure manuals. Candidate has the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Candidate has the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Candidate has the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Must be computer literate and familiar with appropriate software programs. Candidate has the ability to create visual aids for communication purposes. Duties also include assisting in the day-to-day management of the Environmental Management System. Following all environmental work instruction and / or cleaning up spills or other duties required of the Environmental 1st Response Team.