The Business Planning & Analysis Business Partner organizations provide specialized finance-related services in support of the business leaders of the firm. The Manager Business Partner will support the BP org in meeting the financial demands and needs of their designated business.
Work you'll do
The Business Partner will support the Audit & Assurance Finance organization in meeting the financial demands and needs of the function and overall Firm. This role will support A&A's National Office leadership with complex analysis including developing the fiscal year business plan, scenario modeling, long term strategic planning, investment analyses, and other ad-hoc analyses.
The ideal candidate for this position will have strong communication and organization skills and be highly motivated and interested in gaining broad financial experience.
About the Team
The Finance Business Partner organization provides specialized finance-related services in support of the business leaders of the firm. The Finance Business Partner will support the Business Partner organization in meeting the financial demands and needs of the A&A National Office organization.
In providing finance-related services to the A&A National Office, the Finance Manager will support in the following areas:
- Provide meaningful, actionable insights, advice, and recommendations on historic and the future financial performance to Business and Finance leadership
- Manage periodic projection, periodic forecasting, and annual planning
- Deliver timely financial analytics and business counsel to effectively measure business performance against strategic priorities
- Identify and prioritize operation challenges, risks and opportunities while recommending action plans
- Provide meaningful, actionable insights, advice, and recommendations on historic and the future financial performance
- Work with the business leader(s) to successfully implement the business strategy
- Continuously improve FP&A's organizational efficiency and effectiveness by leading and participating in internal change initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or related subject
- CPA or MBA a plus
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant finance experience, preferably in a professional services firm
- Demonstrated accomplishments in the following areas:
- Extensive experience with Financial Reporting and Analysis and Planning
- Deep understanding of accounting and finance transactions
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Problem solving skills, self-starter
- Working with virtual teams
- Formulating and delivering action plans for high profile strategic initiatives
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of SAP and SWIFT preferred
Capability and Skillset Requirements
- Accountability for Results: Holds self and others accountable for ensuring that results are achieved; Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision; Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibility; Sets high expectations for self and others
- Communications: Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written, and ability to create as well as deliver effective presentations
- Problem Solving: Ability to work in a dynamic environment that requires critical thinking and strong analytical skills
- Providing Exceptional Client Service: Manages self and others to provide exceptional client service by responding with a sense of urgency, practicality, accountability, and integrity
- Creating Quality Deliverables: Establishes deliverable structure and content; Reviews deliverables of self and others team to ensure that they meet client expectations; Implements and enforces high standards for quality deliverables
- Decision-making: Decision making skills, and ability to challenge, negotiate, and influence
- Accounting: Understanding GAAP and firm accounting policies and procedure
The wage range for this role takes into account the wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $86,000 to $159,000.