Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want to go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.
As a Manager of Engineering Services, you are responsible for supporting tactical engineering resources that are necessary to maintain and improve Valero Renewable Fuels (VRF) operations. In addition, this position will support strategic activities that effect VRF Operations.
Key Competencies required for this position are :
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
Our goal at Valero is to continue to be the premier manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of quality transportation fuels and petrochemical feedstocks while serving the needs of our employees, communities, and stakeholders.
To contribute toward these goals and be successful in this role, the candidate should :
- Provides overall fleet guidance for VRF’s Process Safety Management (PSM) program ensuring the program is up to date and complies with OSHA requirements.
- PSM program support includes : leading fleet PHA template development, fleet PHA program management, PHA revalidation schedules, and others as assigned.
- Supports the development of long-term and short-term strategies for the Valero Renewable Fuels organization, including strategies to meet regulatory changes, changes in processing technology, market conditions, and plant specific issues.
- Supports evaluations for the acquisition, closure, and/or integration of various assets.
- Develops project economic evaluations for major projects.
- Coordinates appropriate VRF personnel and technology personnel in major project evaluations.
- Modifies or creates financial and process models that can be used in strategic development and project justification activities.
- Supports the evaluation of logistics assets, when related to operational strategies.
- Develops and delivers clear presentations to the VRF Management and Decision Review Board.
- Provides guidance on capital budget revisions.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Successful candidates will have :
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree (or higher degree) in Engineering required.
- 10 years experience in the Ethanol, Refining, or Chemical industry required.
- 5 years or more Operating plant experience, process engineering in a variety of areas, project development, and economic evaluation experience required.
All successful candidates must be eligible to obtain a TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential). It is Valero’s policy that employees must wear this card at all times while working at the refinery. Please review eligibility criteria at https ://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.