As a combined organization, Franklin Energy and AM Conservation Group is undertaking what is perhaps the central challenge of our times – to help drive the transition to net-zero carbon economies while ensuring that no working families, businesses, or local communities are left behind. To do that, we are the utility industry’s top provider of turn-key energy efficiency and grid optimization programs and products, all of which contribute to reducing carbon and waste and, at the same time, free-up resources for creating more innovation investment and jobs. With over 26 years in business, we have more than 1,300 experts across the United States and Canada, with warehouses on both coasts. The organization’s integrated in-house services provide deep personalization and insights, helping energy partners achieve their carbon-reduction and energy productivity goals.
We believe the organization’s most “precious resources” are its people. We pledge a relentless pursuit to embody a culture that acknowledges, recognizes, and infinitely seeks to understand the unique differences of its people. We are committed to creating employee experiences that continually attract and embrace a multiracial, multicultural, and multigenerational workforce that promotes outstanding performance and mirrors our diverse partnerships, clients and communities we serve.
As a Manager of Software Quality Assurance, you will provide overall direction, guidance and leadership for the company’s Software Quality Team, Product Ownership and Release Management. This will include working extensively with Technology leaders as a visionary to proactively assist in defining the direction for future projects and processes. The incumbent will manage the quality of platform releases working closely with the Product Management team and Software Engineering team on new product development, feature enhancements, and product defects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Provide leadership and support to Quality Engineers and Scrum Masters
- Lead and champion defined Agile and Scrum development processes and sprint cycles
- Ensure the proper builds of our software. Work with Development, Support, and Operations to guarantee prompt, accurate and repeatable quality of releases.
- Define, implement, and champion policies to significantly increase the efficiency of our software quality process through increased automation and test case management
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables
- Promote constant cross training to technology solutions & start up team on new and existing tool features to keep them equipped with configuring and implementing tools
- Lead the team to accomplish high automated test coverage across the platform for streamlined platform regression
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, and automated scripts
- Manage, execute, and evaluate manual and automated testing and report test results
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes
- Set up and maintain QA environments across tools
- Partner with the Product Management team to maintain and evolve communications on new feature development including release demos for all new product features
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in management information systems or Computer Science or equivalent work experience required
- 3-5 years previous experience in MIS/Information Systems, Technical Project Management, or Product Management leadership
- Experience with TSQL scripting for application configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with Managing projects and sprint using Atlassian Jira
- Experience performing traditional scrum master duties
- Experience with automated testing software
- Experience leading a team in a technical environment
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Access, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to quickly learn, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to work with cross functional business teams
- Capable of problem solving and has superior communication skills
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Noise Level is typically moderate
- Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer