Oversees the transportation operations within an assigned area to ensure professional, safe, and timely transportation of all clients and staff members. Responsible for policy and procedure development, workflow scheduling, employee supervision and operational efficiency of assigned locations. Responsible for understanding performance measurements and developing strategies to improve and meet requirements. Works directly with manager of dispatch and customer service to ensure most efficient routing and customer demands are being met.
- Oversees all of staff development in assigned area to include workflow scheduling, hiring, training, coaching and development
- Reviews schedule, routing and performance metrics and makes adjustments to meet business need and requirements as needed
- Reviews operational problems and policies and implements corrective actions to remedy them
- Develops strategies in support of the company’s operational goals
- Supports and implements Quality Assurance Program for designated area of responsibility
- Ensures field operations remain in compliance with all WellMed and Comfort Care policies and procedures
- Produces and analyze reports for key metrics, identifies areas requiring performance improvement and develops plans to correct
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested
- Produces and analyzes operational reports to ensure compliance and operational efficiency
- Develops supervisory staff and holds them accountable for ensuring compliance with company policy and procedures
- Sets goals and measurable performance benchmarks for supervisors, inclusive of transportation staff performance goals. Completes annual performance reviews for assigned staff
- Participates in process improvement efforts for assigned area and makes recommendations to senior management as necessary to ensure effective and efficient operations
- Assists with counseling and corrective actions for employees displaying problematic behaviors
- Oversees Safety First reports and ensures accident and incident reports are completed correctly in a timely manner
- Assists with new employee orientation and training processes
- Ensures Comfort Care policies and procedures are always enforced
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in Operations, Business Administration, Management or a related field (4 additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree)
- Logistics, transportation and delivery (LTD) experience
- 5+ years of operations experience
- 3+ years of management or supervisory experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to analyze operational data, draw conclusions and make recommendations to senior management for consideration
- Ability to effectively manage staff and discipline / coach them when needed
- Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of simultaneous projects
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Operations experience within a transportation industry
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) fluency
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- At least 25 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license (Class “B” license for Florida applicants only) and be able to pass a pre-employment Motor Vehicle Report check
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 90,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, click here.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Manager, Area Transportation Operations, Transportation Manager, LTD, WellMed, San Antonio, Texas