Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Manager, Sales Effectiveness at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to help coach all sales professionals to build strong relationships with real estate partners and enhance the member experience while providing ongoing support to new and existing employees. This position will spend time working with and delivering effective sales methods and processes to Retail and Digital Loan Officers. The incumbent will partner with sales leaders on developing, maintaining, and delivering effective action plans, as well as assist in the creation of various national sales programs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide coaching and oversight to Loan Officers by ensuring protocols are followed and business results are maximized.
- Coordinate activities and partnering with Retail and Digital leadership teams to obtain maximum efficiencies in production.
- Conduct general trainings in a group environment and provide specific feedback to loan officers.
- Communicate to sales managers the observed areas of opportunity for loan officer.
- Develop customized action plans for each Loan Officer based on the observed deficiencies – partner with sales managers to adjust plans based on progress.
- Work cross-functionally between various departments to measure, analyze and enhance the performance of revenue generation activities connected with sales effectiveness.
- Identify and analyze areas of revenue generation opportunities for products and/or services in support of business goals and monitor overall effectiveness throughout the sales process.
- Assess and analyze business needs and provide management with recommendations on training plans and programs to enhance employees’ knowledge and skills.
- Analyze the overall performance of sales groups and set goals with measurable achievable targets.
- Create job aids to guide and assist sales personnel with their responsibilities.
- Coordinate communications related to sales initiatives, products and processes.
- Engage with the key stakeholders to build strong relationships and to generate incremental originations volumes.
- Prepare new loan officers by conducting orientation to sales process and developing individual coaching plans.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in supporting loan officers based on best practice sales techniques.
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity.*
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of mortgage experience in a sales, processing, training, or support capacity with three (3) to five (5) years in a direct management role.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a Mortgage Sales Coach, Loan Officer, or similar role.
- Broad knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA/VA, HELOCs and Jumbo products
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to generate creative solutions to multiple issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; ability to develop and guide team members to success.
- Excellent verbal, written and formal presentation communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn new material quickly and translate knowledge into training material.
- Salesforce and Encompass experience preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.