Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Manager, Virtual Clinic Operations is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of Optum Virtual Care. They provide administrative support and oversee the hiring and training of staff members, liaise with patients and healthcare professionals and coordinate patient care plans. They may manage the P&L of a business or part of a business unit. Manage daily operations of multiple levels of staff and multiple functions/departments across one or more business units. May include day to day site operations, management leadership internal and external to organization, accountable for financial and non-financial results (budgets and actuals). Project management and implementation, staff management.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Plan/Implement/Manage Operations Programs and Strategies
- Monitor/Evaluate Operations Program and Strategy Performance
- Build/Maintain/Manage Relationships with Operations Stakeholders
- Support/Develop/Ensure Compliance with Operations Policies, Procedures, and Regulations
- Review/Manage/Drive Operations Efficiency, Quality, and Financial Performance
- Manages and is accountable for professional employees and/or supervisors.
- Sets team direction, resolves problems and provides guidance to members of own team.
- May oversee work activities of other supervisors.
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges.
- Influences or provides input to forecasting and planning activities.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1+ years of primary care management experience in a health system or independent physician’s group
- Experience working in Epic (Cadence)
- Telehealth care delivery including operations, reimbursement, or implementation
- Management and supervision of front line healthcare staff (administrative staff, front desk staff, call center agents, etc.)
- Experience in health care system navigation
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: operations, medical practice operations, telehealth, project management, Epic, Cadence, care delivery, telehealth care delivery, practice management, primary care practice management, implementation