PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer in San Antonio, TX.
- Develops and implements production and tooling methodologies.
- Participates on Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to integrate technical solutions across multiple disciplines.
- Develops, identifies and implements conceptual designs and maintains the program architecture for build.
- Leads and implements manufacturing plans.
- Conducts producibility and variation analyses to ensure that manufacturing process capability matches requirements.
- Assists in providing producibility information for inclusion in project plans and helps document producibility best practices.
- Analyzes design/build concepts to evaluate producible design/build definitions.
- Resolves technical problems of significant impact to performance, cost or schedule.
- Coordinates and implements new engineering principles, theories, advanced technologies and concepts.
- Validates and ensures production readiness of solutions to complex problems.
- Implements lean principles and technologies.
- Experience with Wiring component standards/sourcing/supply base a plus.
- Resolve technical problems of significant impact to performance, cost or schedule. Validate and ensure production readiness of solutions to complex problems using lean principles and technologies.
- Perform producibility reviews of Electrical Production Illustration drawings (Wiring Installation Drawings), and Electrical Provisions (support bracketry - details/Assemblies/Installations), ensuring design for manufacturability standards are supported and represented. Support integration activities associated with suppliers, process development and/or enhancements, procurement kitting, and data/technology analysis to meet manufacturing and deliverable requirements.
- Familiarity with all aspects of Wire Harness installation, Pre-Installation and Post-Installation Wire Harness Assembly Testing (Fully terminated Wire Harnesses, and Termination performed on aircraft), and the ability to develop wiring tooling requirements based on manufacturing and engineering requirements. Experience / familiarity with different aspects of Wire Harness testing desired.
- Wire Harness / System Troubleshooting experience a plus
- Knowledge and use of the Boeing Integration Visibility Tool (IVT) a plus
- Knowledge / Use of wiring testing systems a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools a must; focus being on advanced excel data analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Jira Software, a plus.
- Ability to work under minimal direction.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$