We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Lead to join our team in San Antonio, TX. This position will support our new $250 million dollar benchmark assembly facility, which will have the flexibility to assemble our Class 6 thru Class 8 products. This position will assist with development of leading-edge commercial vehicle solutions to meet the needs of our customers and implement benchmark lean manufacturing and Industry 4.0 principles.
This role will:
- Performs research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment
- Standardizes manufacturing processes and benchmarking other facilities’ manufacturing processes
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency
- Lead in the development of concepts and specifications for the procurement and implementation of vehicle assembly equipment
- Oversee equipment installation activities, including coordination with plant technical services and vendor provided installation resources
- Lead project planning elements and provide project mgmt. and status updates to GA project lead
- Represents manufacturing on cross-functional teams
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products including establishing goals, training team members and evaluating results
- Follow up on the implementation of engineering changes and variations from design specifications as well as new program developments
- Lead initiates and develop and pursues capital appropriation projects and continuous improvement projects.
- Support day to day production activities to help meet customer product demand.
- React to machinery uptime issues and drive towards permanent, cost effective and long-term solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience in product manufacturing
- Master’s degree
- At least 3 years of experience in product manufacturing
- At least 7 years of experience in product manufacturing
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering, is preferred
- Lean Six Sigma training is preferred, Green Belt or higher
- Proven experience with equipment and process concept, design and implementation with commercial vehicle manufacturing.
- Experience with MES, Manufacturing Execution Systems a plus.
- Detailed analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong team building skills.
- Ability to understand and organize complex sets of data
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and complete work in a timely manner in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to initiate and support change to the organization
- Ability to interact with all levels of management at the local and division levels
- Proficient MS Office computer skills
- Proficient with AutoCad, Unigraphics or NX
- Bilingual written and verbal skills are a plus.
- Familiarity with error proofing concepts, systems, and execution.
Navistar is a manufacturer of commercial trucks, buses, defense vehicles and engines. Wherever ingenuity drives global markets, you'll find us taking the lead. We believe the world is propelled forward by new ideas, brave inventors and bold thinkers. That's why we're driven to deliver a better future with strong products, sound values and solutions for a changing world.
It's Uptime at International
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization
Navistar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.