Coordinate daily operations within an assigned production area. Assist with training and development of staff to support KPI's.
1. Provide leadership, department training and coaching on processes and non-conformance
2. Develop and assign work assignments and adjust staffing to meet department KPI's
3. Responsible for driving results and achieving operational goals identified in "Key Performance Indicators" (KPI)
4. Support continuous improvement effort to drive departmental excellence and enhance the customer experience
5. Identify opportunities for improvement and utilize structured problem solving techniques to create and implement solutions
6. Provide input on associate talent snapshots and overall performance
7. Assist with cross training, attracting and development talent
8. Practice, comply and enforce all requirements of a safe and healthy work environment
9. Implement and maintain the cleanliness of all equipment, organization of all workstations and overall facility (6 S's).
* High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience Preferred
Experience & Background:
* Minimum One (1) to three (3) year experience working in a fast paced environment with a record of continuously increased responsibility - Manufacturing experience preferred.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Experience in working with structured procedures and processes.
* Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and/or memos is required, as is the capacity to write similar correspondence relaying opportunities or findings.
* Ability to interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively and present information in one-on-one or before groups of Associates of the organization
* Bilingual ability, particularly in Spanish, is desirable.
* Ability to perform the analytical mathematics demanded by the business functions and aptitude to perform these operations using standard units of measurement, distance, weight, volume, and currency.
* Ability to think logically in following procedures and instructions
* General problem solving abilities
* Exhibit sound and accurate judgment and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness
* Ability to apply analytical tools and common understanding to carry out detailed written and/or oral instructions and interpret diagrams and/or forms.
* Must possess capacity to deal with complex problems and situations involving multiple variables in standardized situations
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).Manufacturing type work environment. Exposure to temperature changes. Limit weight for lifting, pulling and pushing is no more than 50 pounds. When lifting loads heavier than 50 pounds, requirement is to use two or more people to lift the load. Ability to work varying schedules to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Visionworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. With regard to all employment practices, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or current military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local law. We strive to employ and promote only those applicants and employees who are best suited for open positions and who possess the necessary skills, education and qualifications for the job.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.
* Job Family Contributor
* Job Function Attendance Incentive Plan
* Pay Type Hourly
* 6601 Guada Coma Dr, Schertz, TX 78154, USA