Charge Entry / Materials Management Technician
Coordinates and performs joint duties of charge entry and materials management to meet the needs of the facility. Ensures rules, regulations and standards are followed. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. This is a non-exempt position.
Facility Business Office
• Enter charges accurately and in a timely manner; assures the accuracy, completeness and timeliness of charge capture per Post Acute Medical (PAM) system, facility, and department policies and procedures.
• Ensures all department charges are received daily and are accurately entered in to the computer system; distributes reports to departments for reconciliation.
• Enter all charge entry corrections.
• Meets target charge entry turnaround of 1 business day following date of service; work with clinical personnel to facilitate timely completion of charge sheets and resolution of charge questions.
• Verifies monthly lab bills for accuracy.
• Ensures proper data entry into WellSky on all required fields.
• Receives material (supplies) when a delivery is made. Verifies actual quantities received to packing slip and packing slip to purchase order.
• Reports discrepancies, i.e. shortage or damaged items to supervisor.
• Assist in placing orders with vendors when necessary
2. Central Supply
• Inventories and restocks each mini central.
• Distributes/issues inventory removed from Central Supply to mini central via WellSky process
• Distributes/issues items removed from Central Supply by staff to appropriate department/area
• Reconcile Patient Equipment use, owned and/or rental.
• Submits reconciliation to department manager for review
• Will enter charges to patient portal within WellSky
• Assists department manager in preparing all department packages via approved carriers.
Education and Training: Must be high school graduate or GED equivalent with math and keyboard skills. 10-key, computer course/skills in data entry, spreadsheet development and word processing.
Experience: Work experience in the area of accounting with data entry or related field is required. Goal oriented, education directed person who desires advancement preferred. Word processing and spreadsheet skills required. One year experience preferred in warehouse or central supply.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to learn and perform complex financial procedures.
• Ability to input data accurately using various computer software programs.
• Ability to accurately complete financial calculations.
• Excellent proofreading and grammar skills.
• Must have a good command of the English language.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Good driving record. Must be able to be insured by the hospital insurance company to drive vehicles.
• Ability to operate or successfully complete training to operate hospital vehicles.
• Verbal ability is necessary to work form written and oral instructions from the supervisor.
• Ability to perform other designated department positions with appropriate cross training.
• Ability to coordinate a variety of requests to ensure task completion, effectiveness and efficiency.
PAM Health is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 44 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
PAM Health does not discriminate and does not permit discrimination, including, without limitation, bullying, abuse or harassment, on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status, or based on association with another person on account of that person's actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or HIV status.