SHIFT: No Weekends
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Medical Assistant to join our Transplant team who will perform diversified clinical and administrative support duties for the outpatient organ failure/organ transplantation program. The Transplant Medical Assistant will utilize skills in performing technical skills and support skills for the nursing staff in order to care for the patient in an effective and efficient manner.
What you will do as a Medical Assistant in the Kidney Clinic:
- Performs routine duties in caring for outpatient clinic patients as directed by the Registered Nurse and is able to demonstrate appropriate skills and/or competencies.
- Assists the RN to collect data from patients on admission to clinic and assists with patient discharge preparations as instructed by RN. Reports and documents pertinent information such as vital signs, weights.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information and records at all times.
- Performs Electrocardiograms, Non-invasive hemodynamic testing, vital signs, weights, phlebotomy, removes sutures/staples, simple dressing changes (clean and dry, sterile), assist with sterile procedures, simple, non-sterile dressings, and removes peripheral IV’s, records response to treatments and reports pertinent information to appropriate RN. Obtains and labels specimens from wounds, Guiac stool specimens, Urine and sputum collection in cups, blood collection and transports specimens to lab as directed.
- Provides assistance to other nursing personnel as needed. Assists with the orientation of new personnel as appropriate. Runs errands, stocks examination rooms, maintains cleanliness of patient rooms, and triage area on a daily basis. Performs other duties as delegated by the RN.
- Prepares charts and orders for patient’s upcoming clinic visit. Assist with clerical duties as assigned, including medical records correspondence, scheduling procedures, collecting testing reports for RN to review and coordinating patient testing for transplant evaluations. Will assist in other clerical duties such as answering telephone calls, pages. Medical assistant will triage messages appropriately to the RN.
Prior experience as Medical Assistant is preferred. We will consider individuals who are Certified Nurse Aides or Certified Monitor Technicians, those that have training as military medic will also be considered.
Completion of a certified Medical Assistant Program certified medical program is preferred.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. It is home to the Texas Transplant Institute and is the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. According to the United Network of Organ Sharing database, the center reached a major milestone in 2019 by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year setting a new national record - that’s 65 more transplants than the second center on the list.
In addition to transplant care, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant is a full service hospital with over 260 beds that provides specialized services for liver cancer care, hepatobiliary surgery, emergency care, weight loss surgery, urology surgery, vascular surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, colorectal surgery and behavioral health care. Our surgical expertise extends to robotics, with four da Vinci surgical robots in use. It has been recognized as a Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence from the American Society for Bariatric Surgery since 2008. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13+, serving as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Specialty and Transplant prides itself on providing the highest quality of patient care possible as proven by their five consecutive Grade A scores from the Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade survey. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.