Job Title: Medical Assistant
Duration: 4 Months
Location: San Antonio, 78217
Job Description: Assists with select pre-authorizations and pre-certifications as needed. Informs physician of patient reschedules and no shows.
Obtains new patient records and previous test results, x-rays, scans, etc.
Performs other administrative duties, i.e. typing, filing faxing reception, etc, as requested by supervisor or physician.
Maintains indigent drug program and sample drug program as assigned.
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician and verifies presence of consent prior to treatment or procedures.
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed.
- Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested.
- Assists with delegated patient education including but not limited to distributing education literature, etc.
- Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, including but not limited to, hormones and biological growth factors.
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
- Processes instruments and equipment as needed.
- Answers patient telephone calls for referral to physician or nurse/pharmacist.
- Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as directed by physicians and RN.
- Schedules patient tests, procedures and hospital admissions and schedules appointments to follow-up on receipt of test results, as applicable.
Basic Qualifications: The ideal candidate for the Certified Senior Medical Assistant will have the following background and experience:
High school graduate or equivalent.
Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants strongly preferred.
Willing to consider mid or senior level candidates.
Minimum 3 years’ of Medical Assistant experience strongly preferred.
Phlebotomy experience preferred.
Current CPR certification required.
Some state regulations may require specific certifications in order to work as a Medical Assistant.
Note: This is not necessarily an all-inclusive list of job-related responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, SPECTRAFORCE and the assigned client reserve the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Pay range: $17 per hour negotiable based on experience and skills
Benefits: SPECTRAFORCE offers ACA compliant health benefits as well as dental, vision, accident, and hospital indemnity insurances. Additional benefits SPECTRAFORCE offers to the eligible employees include commuter benefits, 401K plan with matching and a referral bonus program. SPECTRAFORCE offers unpaid leave as well as paid sick leave when required by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer: SPECTRAFORCE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Please contact Human Resources at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] if you require a reasonable accommodation.
For the full list of our open positions, please check www.spectraforce.com