Provides direct and indirect patient care activities and carries out physician orders as appropriate for foot care services. The MA assists fellow employees in providing the highest quality personalized patient care and maintains a positive work relationship with the health care team. Maintains and upholds established clinic patient care, operation, and employee policies. This position has no supervisory responsibilities. This position does require traveling to all locations where services are rendered. All duties performed will be done accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provides patient care in a clinic setting. Functions within the scope of training received from Medical Assistant education program and from Gonzaba Medical Group programs.
- Rounds to obtain provider signatures, faxing out paperwork to DME vendors, and completing authorizations.
- Escorts/transports patients safely from and to designated lobby areas.
- Triage consists of obtaining patients’ height, weight, removal of shoes/socks, reviewing and completing questionnaire with patient.
- Administers flu injections.
- Performs patient dismissals and participates in patient teaching utilizing patient information handouts. Ensures patient understanding and documents thoroughly.
- Reports and accurately documents clinical findings to nurse in charge and/or physician in EMR system.
- Provides quality health care by accessing computer system to obtain/provide pertinent information. Reports appropriate information to the Foot Health Practitioner.
- Furthers patient care by communicating effectively with physicians, coordinating tests, procedures, and provides patients with community resources.
- Maintains assigned work area with supplies and equipment. Cleans, stocks, and maintains exam rooms, procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment.
- Follows universal precaution standards regarding patients, procedures, cleaning and disinfecting instruments and exam rooms.
- Ensures nursing standards of care including participation in quality improvement activities.
- Participates in educational programs as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining clinical competencies according to Gonzaba Medical Group policy.
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Ensures customer services is always maintained at highest level.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Minimum high school education or equivalent. Certificate of completion from an accredited school for medical assistants is required or equivalent medical training. CPR certification with AED is required and must be kept current.National certification as a Registered or Certified Medical Assistant is required as initial and continued employment at Gonzaba Medical Group is contingent upon this credential. Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
National Certification must be issued from one of the following associations: AAMA - Certified Medical Assistant (CMA); ARMA - Registered Medical Assistant (RMA); NAHP - Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA); or other association approved by GMG Human Resources.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of word-processing software, spreadsheet software; Internet software and database software
Work Environment: Exposure to communicable disease, bodily fluids, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, medicinal preparations, and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
Physical Demands: Requires manual dexterity, sitting, standing, stooping, reaching, kneeling, crouching, bending, walking, lifting to 40 lbs. May assist in lifting patients. Close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Gonzaba Medical Group is seeking team members who:
• Contribute as A-Players
• Demonstrate the 4 E’s: Edge, Execute, Energy, and Energizer
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic
• Commit to the culture and core values of Gonzaba Medical Group
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.