Peyton Resource Group is seeking a medical billing specialist.
Temp to Permanent Opportunity depending on performance and attendance, cultural fit of Employee! You can control your permanent hire!
The Medical Billing Specialist will be responsible for timely collection of account balances from managed care insurance carriers and patients with the assistance of the Medical billing Specialist. The billing specialist also provides clerical and administrative support relating to managed care issues to insurance carriers, patients, clinics and administrative personnel. Based on business requirements, the billing specialist will be expected to occasionally perform other duties within the billing office as assigned by the Private Billing Section Supervisor.
Must Have Requirements:
- High School graduate (or equivalent)
- Must be punctual and reliable in attendance
- Must have one of the following:
o 2 Year related experience in the field of medical billing and collection
o Certificate in related field plus 2 months’ work experience
Partial list of Job duties:
- Works the HMO-PPO Ins Bal Task In Progress status
- Works the RealMed Edit/Erred claims to ensure timely submission of claims.
- Works Final Demand Tasks as needed not to exceed 14 days from task create date
- Understands system task and dates do not exceed 10 days from due date.
Role Day to Day :
- Answers the phones in a professional and courtesy manner
- Meets the service expectations of patients
- Answers questions from internal and external customers in a timely and professional manner
- Interacts with co-workers in other departments in manner that promotes teamwork and facilitates company goals