Bestica is seeking a Medical Record Technician to provide administrative services to Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC) in support of Emergency Medicine Operations.
The mission of the United States Army (USA) Medical Command (MEDCOM) is to provide quality healthcare to its beneficiaries who include Active Duty, Reserve, National Guard and Retired Soldiers and their Family Members. In support of this mission, BAMC requires administrative support services in all direct and non-direct patient care and health-care related settings
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and speak fluent English, be computer literate and possess knowledge of medical terminology.
- Being a qualified typist (45 wpm).
- Operating a variety of computer software packages (Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) to include military specific computer programs (CHCS, AHLTA, T-Sys, DMHRSI, and ESSENTRIS).
- Operating basic office equipment i.e. photocopier, facsimile machine, multi-line phone, voice systems and pager systems, mailing machines.
- Possessing knowledge of basic medical terminology.