Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Member Records Processor at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to process and retain records according to policy and procedure, assisting in the research and retrieval of all types of records as requested.
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:30 – 5:00
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Retrieve various types of member records as requested by PenFed branches and other departments by providing all necessary information.
- Sort incoming mail from various branches and departments.
- Ensure that all incoming documents (e.g. signature cards, promissory note, credit card disclosures, etc.) have a barcode or a barcode cover sheet.
- Research and retrieve requests for member data using HOGAN/Penguin, XIMG, Mobius, OTTS/Dealer Track, FDR, all Retrieval Systems and Kodak 3000DV Plus Digital Scanner.
- Perform preventative maintenance on the Kodak 300DV Plus Digital Scanner, and the Kodak i4600 Digital Scanner.
- Provide member information via telephone, email, and fax to PenFed employees.
- Purge microfiche for closed accounts as stated in the retention schedule, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a working knowledge of PenFed’s recordkeeping history, which is essential in locating member data.
- Assist in ensuring the security of the Member Records area by monitoring unauthorized employee access.
- Maintain daily production reports on a regular basis.
- Assist in all areas of Member Records including audits and special projects as needed.
- Send follow-up letters to members in order to retrieve necessary loan documents needed to complete a loan package.
- Code promissory notes, credit card disclosures and other necessary loan documents into the Hogan and/or the Penguin systems.
- Make follow-up calls to members who have not returned necessary loan document(s) or who incorrectly completed loan document(s) needed to complete a loan package
- Generate Itemization letters per member request.
- Enter necessary remarks into the Hogan/Penguin database.
- Process loan payment setup.
- Generate barcode cover page.
- Prepare incoming documents to be scanned, including merger files.
- Retrieve member statements via Mobius, microfiche and/or the intranet.
- Send general emails to various branches and departments, when necessary.
- Forward incoming documents (e.g. credit card disclosures, titles, insurance, checks, insurance disclosure, etc.) to the necessary departments (e.g. credit card, collateral control, item processing, mortgages and bank recon) for processing as received.
- Prep incoming Daily Work for scanning and complete Daily Work Scanning log using JetForm 165.
- Update necessary member number changes on microfiche and XIMG.
- Order Supplies (e.g. toner, envelopes and patch sheets).
- Fold and send out 30/60/90 day letters (e.g. welcome letters, promissory notes, credit card/insurance disclosures).
- Index rejects for the various retrieval systems (e.g. Mortgage, Daily Work and Mem Docs Retrieval system).
- Deliver mortgage files/boxes to other employees at the Alexandria location.
- Update bad addresses, resend bad addresses to members, forward bad addresses to DCC.
- Fix/maintain printers and also call the printer company when printer is not working.
- Assist local area branches with preparing merger files to be shipped to Member Records.
- FedEx checks and various documents to various locations, including members.
- Pick up mail and other documents from various departments.
- Pick up/escort vendors to and from the Security Desk.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Basic computer skills are necessary.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of microfiche and microfilm equipment preferred. Must be able to lift/move boxes.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.