At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Microsoft SDC Manager
Work as part of the Business Applications Team (Microsoft Dynamics & Power Platform) delivering project-based work and managed services to our clients. You will work as part of a project team and will be responsible for various activities, including but not limited to design, build/configuration, testing, analysis, delivery, and support of Dynamics & Power Platform solutions. This position is fast-paced and ever-changing, which means you’ll need to be a flexible self-starter and be able to manage changing priorities and learn new and rapidly changing technology solutions.
As part of your training, we’ll help you to develop your technical and soft business skills to support your career, so you can learn emerging technology and be empowered to jump right in. You’re likely to balance your time among different Dynamics & Power Platform solutions and other immersive technologies such as the Azure cloud, robotics, machine learning, and blockchain. As part of that, you’ll need to be a logical thinker and have an active passion for learning and being challenged.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Participate in delivery phases of Dynamics & Power Platform solution deployments
- Develop specifications and design documents based on client requirements
- Based on the created specifications and design documents create use cases and business process flows
- Work on configurations such as creating entities, forms, workflows, business rules, dashboards, and reports
- Document completed configuration following agile build
- Conduct unit tests and analyze results to confirm that developed code meets requirements
- Lead teams according to the assigned development feature
- Provide feedback to team members on the requirement specifications and design documents
- Review configurations and builds for completeness and accuracy to design
- Capture and review mapping documents related to data integration and migration efforts
- Perform data-related activities such as export, import, transformation, deduplication, and cleansing
- Support integration and data migration development and testing efforts
- Conduct unit tests and analyze results to confirm that developed code meets requirements
- Support user acceptance testing thru the identification and resolution of identified defects
- Support deployment of solutions to client’s pre-production environments
- Develop training and communications materials to drive user adoption
- Assist in identifying, investigating, and resolving users’ problems with deployed solutions
- Fielding support requests through various methods such as calls, chat, email, and/or other communication from users with inquiries regarding the use of deployed solutions
- Consulting with users to determine steps and procedures taken to identify and resolve the problem
- Appling knowledge of computer software, hardware, and procedures to solve problems
- Guiding users through diagnostic and troubleshooting processes, which may include the use of diagnostic tools and software and/or following verbal instructions
- Collaborating with other staff to research and resolve problems
- Collaborates with programmers to explain errors and/or recommend modifications in programs
- Mentoring Associate Analysts and Analysts on the above responsibilities
- Support the Managers and Senior Managers in upward stakeholder management and day-to-day management of the Dynamics Competency within the Service Delivery Center
- Manager reviews work completed according to existing engagement policies and procedures which will require attention to detail to validate that work is complete and accurate. Work will also require judgment (including the ability to escalate appropriately). For example, a Manager may be asked to review and assess process documentation and provide findings and recommendations.
- Manager may be providing oversight of the team managing ongoing enhancements, minor solution enhancements as required, and supporting operations to meet defined engagement SLAs and KPI’s. Work will require judgment to include analytical/decision-making responsibilities. For example, a Manager may be required to re-allocate a team’s operational workload to meet engagement-defined SLA’s and KPI’s.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Stay abreast of current business, technology, and industry trends relevant to the client's business process management needs
- An interest in software configuration, development, workflow, process design, analysis, and quality assurance
- Analytical thinking and aptitude to learn and adapt the latest technologies and best industry standards and practices
- Good understanding of basic programming concepts
- Understanding of solution delivery using Agile methodologies
- Experience with implementing technology solutions using Agile and Waterfall methodologies
- Experience with analyzing and solving problems of a complex nature and working with business, management, and technology concepts
- Knowledge of project management, teaming, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Dynamics 365, Power Platform or CRM solutions, or cloud-based technologies a plus
- Experience with Dynamics, other ERP solutions, or cloud-based technologies such as Azure or AWS is a plus
- Experience with Dynamics CRM integrations and data migrations
- Experience with Dynamics 365 third-party tools and Dynamics 365 data adaptors
- Experience with Dynamics 365 automated solution deployments
- The specific responsibilities of managers will vary with the size and complexity of engagements, as well as the experience of the assigned team members.
- Creates spirit and feeling of belonging in the team while balancing productivity. Works with team to set clear goals and objectives and ensures that they are understood by all. Successfully delegates to the lowest effective level of staff capable of performing the work effectively. Provides team authority/latitude to act. Keeps the team focused on achieving goals and working efficiently and effectively.
- Assist staff and seniors in reaching their full potential by conducting meaningful and timely performance assessments with specific, balanced feedback. Serves as a positive role model and mentor, willingly addressing questions. Contribute constructively as a coach, providing timely on-the-job feedback and training. Assists in the design and implementation of individual development plans.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other technical fields of study
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a member of a technology team participating in one or many of the technology life cycle phases; could include requirements definition, architecture design, conversion, and testing
Candidates are required with one or more of the following:
- Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals, Exam PL-900
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals, Exam MB-910
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Fundamentals (ERP), Exam MB-920
- Microsoft Power Platform App Maker, Exam PL-100
This job description is intended as a guide to reflect the principal functions of the job. However, it is not an all-inclusive listing of the required job functions and functions may vary depending on the particular geographic location of the job and/or the manager. Further, the job description is subject to change at the discretion of management.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].