The CSI Companies is actively seeking an Mid Level Logistics Accountant for our client located in the San Antonio, TX area.
We are looking for someone who is available to work the following hours:
- Mon- Fri 8 – 8:30 AM, and then 40 hours a week, plus OT from time to time
The Mid Level Logistics Accountant is on a team that is primarily responsible for managing accounting for logistics assets.
- Specifically, the team ensures volumetric and monetary information is uploaded and processed correctly within the company’s accounting systems to ensure that internal and external financial statements are accurate and complete.
- Include verifying that invoices billed to customers are accurate and complete, recording of revenue and operating expense accruals and adjustments, and performing analytical reviews on results of operation for assigned assets.
- Responsible for accounting for several logistics assets in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with company policies using the various accounting and operational systems.
- One of these systems includes the STAR system, the team is responsible for ensuring volumetric and tariff information are finalized for this system on WD9.
- This position will be responsible for compiling documentation used in verification of compliance with SOX controls.
- In addition, this position may be responsible for assisting other accountants and accounting supervisors on the logistics team as needed.
- Obtains information from internal and external sources to record accounting transactions in the accounting systems
- Reviews contracts to ensure appropriate billings and accounting entries are posted into SAP.
- Collaborates with scheduling, measurement, and operations to ensure movements for crude assets are accounted for in STAR and SAP.
- Ensures transactions are recorded, documented, and reviewed in accordance with company policies and controls
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of transactions recorded in the systems and general ledger accounts
- Performs analytical reviews of operational results of assets assigned and follows up on discrepancies as needed to ensure transactions are appropriately recorded
- Prepares monthly estimate & accrual journal entries as needed for the specific assets
- Analyzes account balances at month end and prepares appropriately supported account reconciliations and SOX documentation
- Provides monthly variance analysis on assigned assets for management reporting purposes
- Responds to internal and external inquiries, including inquiries from customers and external and internal auditors
- Develops understanding of applicable operational accounting systems (e.g. G-3, MARS, STAR, etc.) functionality, as required
- Supports projects as needed
- Assists other accountants as requested by management and provides support to senior accountants and/or accounting supervisors
- Maintains desk procedures to document the mechanics of booking the assets
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or finance preferred
- One to three years of work experience preferred
- Basic understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ability to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated and team-oriented individual
- Proven analytical skills
- Proficient in use of Excel (creating/modifying spreadsheets, data cleansing, pivot tables & formulas)
- Experience with SAP is preferred. Must have the aptitude to effectively learn company-specific accounting systems
- Excellent organization skills
- Flexible to work overtime and some weekends during peak periods