Midstream Revenue/Plant Accountant
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
• Great culture, family oriented and laid back!
• Competitive compensation plan with a 25% Bonus
• Rich benefits package with 5% 401k, LTD, PTO
• True work life balance
• Work under an experienced Gas Plant Accountant that desires to train mentor you
OVERVIEW OF THE PLANT ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
This position will be responsible for closing gas processing plants and gathering system allocations. A successful candidate will perform allocations, settlements, analysis, and reconciliations. This position will play a key role in maintaining, testing and implementing software solutions as well as operational changes, reporting, and controls.
WHAT WILL THE PLANT ACCOUNTANT DO?
• Monthly midstream revenue close process and analysis
• Manage a wide array of functions related to gas plant accounting and revenue allocations
• Analyze volumetric, contractual and financial results and explain variances to estimate and forecasts and prior trends
• Review and apply contract terms for proper revenue recognition and customer settlement
• Prepare timely and accurate gas plant allocations and production settlement statements or invoices in compliance with midstream service agreements
• Communicate with operations, marketing and internal and external parties that are critical to perform job responsibilities
• Prepare the monthly midstream revenue accrual and periodic accrual to actual look back
• Prepare journal entries
• Prepare account reconciliations
• Document the performance of internal controls over responsible areas
• Meet all critical closing deadlines
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN A PLANT ACCOUNTANT:
• Preferred Bachelors Degree in Accounting; 10+ years in the oil and gas industry with Midstream and Gas Plant Accounting experience required
• Minimum five or more years related business experience required; ten or more years preferred
• Extensive plant and gas balancing knowledge required, database query experience a plus
• Strong knowledge of accounting transactions related to gas processing plants also needed
• W Energy Software (formerly Waterfield) experience preferred
Alternatively, my client will be interested in candidates without the required experience but with a high aptitude and interest in learning about Gas Plant Accounting.