MIDSTREAM REVENUE ACCOUNTANT
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Our client is an innovative leader in the Oil & Gas industry. A unique customer service approach sets the client apart as they continue to build, own, and operate midstream infrastructure in both the Permian and Eagle Ford Basins. Operating under one parent company, over 400 employees encompass and support the team of eight individual business entities. This is truly a company where you can grow, learn, and be challenged for years. Providing amazing benefits, PTO, holiday parties, and company events are just a few perks of being employed here. The Revenue Accountant will join a business division of about 100 employees, and bring great value to a lean accounting team of around 10 employees.
OVERVIEW OF THE MIDSTREAM REVENUE ACCOUNTANT ROLE:
This position will be responsible for closing processing plants and gathering system allocations. A successful candidate will perform allocations, settlements, analysis, and reconciliations. This position will play a key role in maintaining, testing and implementing software solutions as well as operational changes, reporting, and controls.
WHAT WILL THE REVENUE ACCOUNTANT DO?
- Monthly midstream revenue close process and analysis
- Manage a wide array of functions related to accounting and revenue allocations
- Analyze volumetric, contractual and financial results and explain variances to estimate and forecasts and prior trends
- Review and apply contract terms for proper revenue recognition and customer settlement
- Prepare timely and accurate allocations and production settlement statements or invoices in compliance with midstream service agreements
- Communicate with operations, marketing and internal and external parties that are critical to perform job responsibilities
- Prepare the monthly midstream revenue accrual and periodic accrual to actual look back
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Document the performance of internal controls over responsible areas
- Meet all critical closing deadlines
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN THE MIDSTREAM REVENUE ACCOUNTANT:
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; 5+ years in the oil and gas industry