Looking for a meaningful paid summer internship? Then join PenFed’s award-winning Summer College Internship program from June 7th to August 6th, 2021 in San Antonio, TX and make a difference helping people do better financially.
PenFed’s Internship Program offers college students with a meaningful internship experience from which they can make informed future career decisions. Our internships are meant to provide a great test drive of our company, industry, and of a potential career field. Interns are fully integrated into our business departments across the entire enterprise and assigned to meaningful and impactful projects solving real business problems faced by our company. Each intern is assigned a hiring manager and a mentor along with an employee who was a recent intern. In addition to the work our interns do within their respective departments, our interns will all work together on one large impactful summer internship project.
The PenFed Summer College Internship Program is a competitive, nine-week program that provides college students hands-on business education and skills development. The program includes professional leadership development, personality assessments, executive presentations and interaction, team building events, volunteering, career readiness training, social media training, mentoring, and meaningful work related to desired career paths that solve real world business problems. Qualified interns who prove themselves to be valuable additions to the PenFed Team could receive a full-time offer at the end of the program!
What you could do during your 9 weeks:
- Define data elements to support product organization profitability
- Document process and procedures to support operational changes
- Determine methodology to calculate ROI for fraud strategy impact rates
- Review and update fraud rings and daily search reports to ensure uniformity
- Collaborate with the finance teams to review PenFed activities and programs
- Work on an exciting internal audit of a branch and/or department
- Accumulate findings from internal audits and create an assessment and report to deliver to leadership
- Work with creative and driven professionals
- Work on an exciting group intern project
What PenFed needs:
- Majors in Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, or Applied Statistics
- Passion for learning and growing in the Finance and Mortgage fields
- A foundation in accounting, financal modeling, and/or financial statement analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel. Experience with Tableau, SQL, SAS, VBA, or Python is a plus.
- Competency and ability to manage your time effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills that allow you to expand your network
- Students who can manage their time effectively
- Creative and engaging energy to allow lots of collaboration with colleagues
- Currently enrolled full time in a four-year program with an accredited institution
- Must be a rising Junior or Senior with a minimum of 60+ credits completed prior to June 2021
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must provide copies of your unofficial transcript with initial application and official before internship start date (if selected)
- Must be able to work for PenFed during the entire timeframe (June 7, 2021 – August 6, 2021)
- Must be able/willing to work remotely should the program be a hybrid or fully virtual
- Veterans encouraged to apply
Instructions for Applying:
- Upload your unofficial transcript at the time of application (Required)
- Do not apply to more than two (2) internship openings
- Questions? Email [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
- Job listing is open until January 29, 2021
- PenFed will conduct interviews with candidates throughout the month of February
- Offers will be made no later than end of March 2021
- Dates of Internship: June 7, 2021 – August 6, 2021
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.