Mortgage Servicing Business Controls Analyst (REMOTE Contract-to-Hire)
v This is remote Contract-to-Hire work to begin immediately.
v Bachelor’s Degree required.
v 8+ years’ related experience in banking or credit union operations required.
v Experience with mortgage loans required (origination, processing, closing or funding).
v Expert knowledge of lending and credit laws and regulations required.
v Interviews are immediate.
Mortgage client seeks a Mortgage Servicing Business Controls Analyst to support adherence to regulatory, audit, and quality requirements. This position will establish and maintain expert knowledge of key business processes within the assigned mortgage business unit. The Analyst will develop, design and implement solutions to align with the client’s strategic goals and influence key business decisions and assist in providing solutions to complex business challenges. Must have the proven ability to balance multiple priorities and adapt to constantly changing business environment, work independently, and drive projects to completion to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The role may lead project coordination with stakeholders across multiple functional areas and will act as a Subject Matter Expert to assure processes are compliant with investor and regulatory guidelines.
Ideal candidates will have a strong understanding of Mortgage Servicing regulations and compliance and will have the ability to function as a Subject Matter Expert to assure processes are compliant with investor and regulatory guidelines.
About Solomon Edwards Group Consulting
Solomon Edwards is a specialty consulting firm that offers our clients customized consulting solutions, ranging from fully managed, on-site delivery solutions to independent consultant engagements. We help our clients solve their critical business issues by providing seasoned, targeted consulting expertise tailored to our client's unique needs.
· Responsible for the documentation, ownership and communication of key business processes and issues resolution.
· Identify opportunities and leads implementation of business solutions to meet business needs.
· Maintain expert knowledge of internal policies and procedures, as well as external (federal and state) regulations and guidelines concerning real-estate related lending.
· Create and maintain department process workflows and procedure framework.
· Analyze new legislation to determine impact on business process and risk exposure. Create risk mitigation plans and work cross departmentally to implement solutions.
· Coordinates with appropriate stakeholders develop and monitor action plans associated with identified issues and help ensure successful initiative implementation.
· Verify and/or validate action plans have been completed and are effective.
· Serve as the Liaison for internal and external audits.
· Acts as a subject matter expert to assure processes are compliant with investor and regulatory guidelines.
· Perform root cause analyses and system testing, providing recommendations to increase control and reduce risk.
· Responsible for business requirements to assist with the development of in-line controls to decrease the incidence of non-compliance.
· Provide feedback to manager to allow for coaching and improvement.
· Engage with vendors on new and/or existing services to optimize efficiency and quality.