Mortgage Workforce Operations Analyst #CB
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Mortgage Workforce Operations Analyst in San Antonio, Texas. The primary purpose of this job is to optimize schedules and service levels through real-time intraday monitoring and forecasting for staffing. This position will collaborate with business unit management on scheduling and training, monitor real-time call statistics and assist with ad-hoc reporting.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Forecast call volume, abandonment rate, headcount requirements and average handle time while striving for optimum service level. Monitor intraday performance, notifying managers as problems arise in order to optimize service level.
- Manage and perform analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation of Business Intelligence (BI) reporting solutions in Tableau.
- Provide daily volume and productivity reports.
- Compare call forecasts with actual results to examine variances, proactively identify scheduling gaps and offering solutions to resolve the gap.
- Analyzes data, creates summary reports, and performs analysis to support the decision making of senior management and internal departments.
- Analyze call trends and volume to determine the volume spikes and adjust lead and call routing.
- Conducts analysis, summarizes key findings and trends, and produces data sheets, graphics and dashboards.
- Perform extracting, importing, and exporting of data in various database applications.
- Perform data quantitative and qualitative analysis. Perform mining of vast data stores to uncover insights and assist in root cause analysis.
- Work with departments to use data analytics to improve decision making across the business.
- Leverage and utilize available features of Salesforce to build solutions.
- Help develop standards such as naming conventions, programming style, dev ops practices, and documentation. Understand and follow the software development lifecycle.
- Apply best practices and personal experience to deliver technical solutions in the Salesforce platform that satisfy unique business requirements
- Translate business requirements into detailed technical specifications and perform the build activities to deliver integrated solution from the design stage to a functional application with focus on third party applications.
- Automate processes using Salesforce automation tools, such as Process Builder, Workflows, Formulas, Flow, Assignment Rules, and Advance Approvals.
- Development of reporting tools to support business requirements.
- Responsible for testing, validating, and documenting efficacy of SAS.
- Maintain quality of statistical methods programs and datasets.
- Write and implement SAS codes to monitor data quality, manage data and generate data report.
- Write and edit SAS programs to clean, manage, merge, and analyze data.
- Implement the appropriate data analyses in SAS for a particular study
- Assist with Production Business Continuity logistics and workflow management.
- Work cross departmentally to solve issues and bring opportunities forward.
- Use best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve services.
- Decision are guided by policies, resources and business plan; receives moderate guidance from manager.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in SQL or SAS database
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in data analysis, reporting, and/or process documentation.
- Experience in designing and developing Tableau solutions, installation and configuration
- Ability to effectively convey ideas and educate individuals and small groups
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities, adapt to constantly changing business environment, work independently, drive projects to completion, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate abilities in problem –solving and analysis: identifies issues, analyzes information to assess root cause and relationships, risks, and potential risk responses. Proven ability to synthesize complex data into concise recommendations and reports to senior management
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.