With more than 80 years of experience engineering science and technology solutions to support national security, Alion supports clients with big ideas and real solutions.
This position provides dedicated contractor support at 16th Air Force (16 AF) to advise and assist the Special Mission Enterprise in technical services for command, control, communications, computers and intelligence (C4I) systems. 16 AF Special Missions Enterprise supports numerous air, space, and cyber-related mission partners/customers to provide intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) capabilities that enable stakeholders to perform their respective missions that are essential to overall mission success.
PRIMARY DUTY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Review, Coordinate and recommend the approval of C4I Systems in the areas of:
System Support Services
Computer Security IAW ICD 503/507 Series
- Coordinate, review and recommend changes to requirements for equipment purchases to ensure all technical aspects are clearly planned and properly executed for C4I Systems.
- Assist in developing: Certification and Accreditation (C&A) documentation, detailed Standard Operating Procedures, building node layouts, fiber layout to include end-to-end connectivity.
- Execute commercial off-the-shelf software testing, evaluation, and provide all documentation to the designated Information Assurance representative for the use on C4I systems.
- Maintain equipment, keeping systems current and updated with security patches and updates in accordance with Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs). Maintain system integrity, functionality, ensure backups of data and system state, install and update node and server equipment, update physical diagrams, update system documentation, and update any installation documentation required for C4I systems.
- Formulate specification, program upgrades; establish budget estimates for future projects.
- Assist in determining communications, Automated Information Systems (AIS) and Communications Security (COMSEC) requirements.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or a related field with five (5) years of experience or MS in Computer Science or related scientific/technical field with three (3) years of experience; or 10 years of experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Current Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- At least 5 years of specialized experience within the last 10 years with multi-level security system technologies, SCI collection and analysis systems, and SCI communication systems.
- Experience with administration and/or management of Windows and Linux/UNIX-based networks, databases, workstations, servers and/or trusted operating systems.
- Experience with COMSEC Responsible Officer (CRO) duties.
- Must possess an IAT Level II Certification described in DoDD 8140.01 and DoDD 8570.01-M.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Telework - Not Eligible