With more than 80 years of experience engineering science and technology solutions to support national security, Alion supports clients with big ideas and real solutions.
PRIMARY DUTY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate and collaborate with government-designated personnel to assess operation risk levels and identify/mitigate operating system and software security vulnerabilities on mission system and network devices; perform security audits, risk assessments, and analyses
- Collaborate with cyber operators to identify and levy requirements for intelligence collection and analysis, participate in targeting selection, validation, synchronization, and execution of complex cyber missions
- Research attempted breaches of data security and rectifying security weaknesses
- Provide network intrusion detection and monitoring, correlation analysis, incident response
- Provide, develop, and maintain a forensic capability to enhance response to, support of, and investigation into significant network incidents in order to provide a clearer view of the exploits, vulnerabilities, and TTPs used to cause the incident
- Provide support for 24x7 CND operations during non-core business hours
- Employ the Plan, Brief, Execute, and Debrief (PBED) methodology
Education and Experience:
Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI – with Polygraph and willing to comply with SAP requirements
Education/ Certifications: Degree in Computer Science or a related Field (BS) with two (2) years of experience or five (5) years of related experience. Cyber certification qualification(s): DoDI-8570.01-m IAT Level II (Required). CNDSP Incident Responder (Preferred).
Relevant Experience: Comprehensive knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques. Experience in Security Operations Center / Computer Incident Response Team. Advanced understanding of the OSI model and TCP/IP stack, ports, and services. Understanding of functionality and capabilities of CND technologies to include: Router ACLs, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Anti-virus, Web Content Filtering.
Key Requirements: Training/experience with various unclassified open source tools and anti-virus tools/concepts to include but limited to: Splunk Enterprise Security, ArcSight, Fidelis, SolarWinds, email gateways, Symantec, MacAfee, Kaspersky, AVG, and OSSEC
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info
Telework - Not Eligible