Working for ASM Research and supporting the DLA, the Network Engineer will be responsible for direct technical work on projects and perform a variety of analyses and prepare appropriate documentation. Prepares and makes briefings and presentations, assists in on-site management of installations. Works independently and installs, operates, maintains, configures, troubleshoots, and repairs IT systems devices, circuits, cables, components, software, and end-user devices, components, software, and connectivity. Assists in the development and management of project plans. This includes the review of task performance and work products for correctness, for adherence to design concepts and user requirements, and for progress in accordance with schedules. Coordinates with the Vendor PM, COTRs, and government user representatives to ensure accurate solutions and user satisfaction on technical matters.
- Determines network and system requirements.
- Plans, designs and develops local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs).
- Installs computer networks such as local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, and other data communications systems.
- Installs server hardware and software infrastructure.
- Designs, deploys, and troubleshoots mid-scale network deployments.
- Develops designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion.
- Supports network and computing infrastructure.
- Configures networking hardware to latest industry and manufacturer standards and best practices.
- Configures hardware and software for the user environment.
- Provides and updates training materials and documentation.
- Plans and oversees appropriate, routine tests to ensure the proper working condition and security of developed and purchased network systems.
- Builds, supports, and maintains the protection of company data and systems through the use of security solutions, backups, redundancy and disaster recovery solutions.
- Investigates and analyzes resource utilization and prepares reports and metrics, making appropriate changes to optimize the network infrastructure and provide the highest possible level of performance and security.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related field or equivalent relevant experience.
- Five (5) years of progressive IT experience
- Experience with AWS Networking Technologies such as Virtual Private Clouds, Elastic Load Balancers
- Possess an Active Secret, or higher, clearance with a SSBI investigation
- AWS Advanced Networking Specialty certification
- (1) DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification - Category IAT Level III:
- CASP+ CE
- CCNP Security
- CISSP (or Associate)
- (1) Computing Environment Certification:
- CCSE NGX Plus NG with AI
- CCMSE NG with AI
- CSMSE NG with AI Plus VSX
- CCSE NG
Other Job Specific Skills
- Advanced experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services.
- Maintains an up-to-date technical and practical knowledge and understanding of system testing and analysis.
- Knowledge of networking hardware, software, standards, best practices, and industry trends.
- Excellent technical knowledge of network, security and storage infrastructure including: local area networks, wide area networks, wireless networking, VPN, firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, WAN optimizers, endpoint security and encryption, proxy servers, digital certificates, data center management and cabling standards.
- Excellent oral and written communications to exchange information, explain procedures, techniques, and answer questions in a clear logical manner.
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide professional documentation (diagrams, specifications, technical requirements, and proposal content).
- Experience architecting, designing, implementing, and maintaining complex network infrastructures.
- Proven ability to develop and manage infrastructure design patterns, standards, blueprints, application frameworks, configurations, product technical solutions and roadmap.
- Maintains knowledge of backup/recovery practices.