Position Title: Technology Engineer (Infrastructure Engineer)
Position Number: 361898
Location: Work at Home 99999
Position Type: Temporary
Required Skill Set:
Network Administration, Server Configuration, Service Level Management, Troubleshooting
**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
Job Title: Technology Engineer (Infrastructure Engineer)
Requirement Number: 17160
Start date: ASAP
Duration or End date: 3 Months
Location: 100% Remote w/ occasional travel expected. (Team is based in Deerfield, IL)
Global Services –Technology Engineer (TE)
Can be Remote, will require occasional travel
About Global Services
Our organization strives to deliver an unsurpassed value driven experience that makes Baxter an essential service solutions provider for our customers. Every day we are focused on providing quality service that enables our customers to focus on what matters; patient care. Our client is well positioned to be the best service provider for our customers due to the depth of our product knowledge, years of service expertise, commitment to product serviceability and continued focus on operational excellence.
The Digital Services team is a growing part of the Global Services organization whose focus is on the operation and restoration of technology solutions which enable medical devices and clinical information systems to exchange data. The team works to remediate major/critical incidents that may occur at a customer site, as well as contribute to the resolution of other priority incidents. This team is accountable for the successful operation of a customer’s Baxter technology solution and will have responsibility in the identification of trends and analysis of metrics of performance of those installed solutions.
The Technology Engineer (TE) will work with Service leadership, internal business partners, contact centers, other system engineers and 3rd party or internal developers to restore to operation a technology solution installed at an external customer’s location. These resolutions can take the form of new software updates, validated workarounds or an approved solution article. The TE is focused on providing resolutions to escalated technology incidents which are re-usable and sustainable and enable the restoration of acceptable operating conditions at a customer location. The TE is considered an expert within a given technology area such as IT infrastructure components, Wi-Fi or Wired based networking or application software support.
• Conduct a regular review of escalated service requests to identify common causes or process improvements
• Participates in the resolution of escalated customer related service requests
• Engages customers verbally or through written email communication to gather further information and to determine severity of impact of escalated service requests
• Maintains a sense of urgency in the resolution of escalated service requests
• Engage 3rd party providers as needed to collaborate on the resolution of customer site issues
• Ensure that proper documentation has been completed as part of the resolution process for an escalated service request
• Provide recommendations on technologies or adoption of existing technologies to meet the objectives of a service
• Develop and rollout enhanced troubleshooting techniques or tools which help to meet and exceed written service level requirements or agreements
• Continuously looks for ways to improve the services through structured change management process (Continuous Improvement)
• Previous employment or consultative engagement with a Managed Service Provider (MSP) is desired.
• Experience with Service Management tools such as Service Now, Peregrine, HP Tools suite including Problem Management, Configuration Management, Project Portfolio Management
• Solid understanding of network security architecture and its impact on connected devices.
• Solid experience with Windows and Linux server configuration, virtualization and deployment
• 5+ years in the administration and operation of an IT network, such as firewalls, switches and routers or Wireless controllers, access points or a combination thereof
• 5+ years as a Technology Engineer or similar role supporting IT services around network infrastructure or application operations technologies.
• Familiarity with data flow diagrams and protocols such as UDP, TCP and MQTT
• Demonstrated ability to use diagnostic tools such as WireShark, TCPDump or similar
• ITIL Foundations Certified (v3/v4) preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent organization and customer services skills
• 25% travel is possible to customer locations throughout the United States as needed.