BCForward is currently seeking highly motivated Network Engineer for our client based in Schertz, TX.
- Position: Network Engineer
- Location: Schertz, TX
- Anticipated start date: ASAP
- Duration: 12 Months
The main function of a network engineer is to determine user requirements and design specifications for computer networks. A typical network engineer is responsible for planning and implementing network upgrades.
- Analyst will work directly on Network LAN technical problem identification and resolution including LAN implementation, and off-shift and weekend LAN and site support functions. Participating in integrated testing and user acceptance of LAN infrastructure components. Implementing LAN processes, or LAN process improvements, to aid in development and support. Maintain and administer LAN, WLAN and connectivity of network components and related computing environments including LAN hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
- Adherence to Cat Technology controls and security protocols. Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve LAN hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective LAN components when necessary, on/off-shift and during weekends.
- The Analyst will be responsible for LAN operations and analysis supporting the America's region and South Texas facilities.
- The Analyst will provide LAN operations support, implementation, and incident analysis of facilities in the US, Mexico and South America and provide physical, on-site LAN support in the South Texas area to include Schertz, Seguin, and San Antonio.
- Computer-related or Engineering-related four-year College or University Degree OR three to six years of progressively responsible IT job-related experiences
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) preferred.
Technical Skills Required
- LAN and WLAN operations management. ITSM and change control. LAN and WLAN implementation and support in a medium to large business, with working knowledge of risk domains, tiered domains, TCP/IP fundamentals, ethernet, QoS, IP subnetting, cabling (copper & fiber), OSPF, VLAN Trucking, VLANs, and switching configuration.
- Applied experience with LAN and wireless communications technologies utilizing Cisco switches (Catalyst 3750, 3850, 4500x, 6880, 9300 and 9500), WLAN controllers, access points and bridges including hardware, software, and upgrade support.
- Experience with Service Center tools (ServiceNow). Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) recommended. Experience with automation technologies and scripting (Ansible, Cisco DNA, Prime).
- Experience working on or around heavy equipment in a manufacturing
BCForward began as an IT business solution and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCForward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solution's organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCForward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCForward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over the years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCForward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 129231 when responding to this ad.