Network Infrastructure Specialist
San Antonio, TX
Carries out moderately complex information systems and/or information technology tasks within commercial cloud environments and a physical data center infrastructure/environment. Implements and troubleshoots cloud-based systems to protect the integrity and availability of infrastructure. Collaborates with cross-functional teams for the deployment and ongoing support of cloud services to both internal stakeholders and clients. Participates in the system and storage design and implements configurations to meet program and customer needs. Even though this candidate is mainly going to be operating from San Antonio, there may be an occasion that requires him or her to fly to DC and assist with some of the work in the LAN rooms.
- Monitor daily operations and resolve Severity 3 cases related to User Support and Network Infrastructure devices.
- Install, maintain/patch and monitor WLAN, WAN and LAN systems
- Plan, manage, and implement security changes and improvements using Windows & Linux Servers
- Work closely with Network Security team to design and upgrade network infrastructure
- Keep operational documents up to date
- Troubleshoots intermediary network problems and escalates large-scale network issues appropriately.
- Ability to set up and support two factor authentication systems.
- Attend weekly IT department meetings to discuss projects, tasks, and key objectives.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and logical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to provide after-hours support as needed
- CCNA Certification
- VMWare vCenter, VMWare vSAN iSCSI
- Wireless Technology Operations Wireless Technology Implementation
- Microsoft Active Directory DNS & DHCP, WUG, Splunk
- Associate's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
- 0-2 years' experience with VMWare, Cisco, and Microsoft Solutions and Products.
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure technologies like AWS or Azure.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance