Leidos seeks a Network Operations Engineer with network and server experience to support the DoD Mobility Classified Capability (DMCC) program in San Antonio, TX.
This role supports a 24x7 operation and candidates must be able to support quarterly shift rotations and occasional on-call and after hours work.
We seek a candidate with expertise in LAN/WAN, VPN, and routing and switching configuration and management to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the DoD's secure mobile device capability service. In this role, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing technical expertise for daily operations and maintenance of systems.
- Effectively troubleshooting, isolating, and resolving technical problems to minimize system downtime.
- Assisting with preparing and maintaining technical documentation, drawings and related artifacts.
- Help to implement routine updates, approved upgrades and engineering or design changes.
- Help to isolate and resolve technical issues and problems that impact multiple networks, systems, and devices.
You will work as part of a Network Operations team responsible for managing an infrastructure comprised of a variety of systems supporting voice and data services. Your experience with operating and maintaining some/all of the following systems is preferred:
- Cisco Routers and Switches (required)
- Cisco ASA Firewalls
- Juniper Firewalls
- Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE)
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM)
- F5 BIG-IP Traffic Managers
- Windows servers
- Linux servers
- VMware/ESXi virtualization
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related experience or Master’s degree and 2 years of related experience. Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD SECRET clearance
- DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 certification (Security+ CE)
- Experience troubleshooting, configuring, and maintaining IP networks: LAN/WAN, VLAN, STP, Trunking, Static / Dynamic routing (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF)
- Experience operating or sustaining an Enterprise level architecture where systems are located at multiple sites
- Experience providing technical problem resolution for network infrastructure problems or anomalies
- Support the testing and implementation of network, system, and infrastructure changes
- Knowledge of advanced networking techniques: port aggregation, IPSEC, L2TP/VPN, IPS route-maps and capture filters
- Experience performing system administration tasks (installing, maintaining, monitoring, recovering, rebuilding, upgrading, patching)
- Experience with Windows AD Domain Services, SCCM and WSUS configuration/management
- Experience with Group Policy management, PowerShell scripting, SQL Server, Windows Server Backup
- Experience with Red Hat Linux CLI and a basic understanding of the Linux operating system
- Certifications with major system vendors such as Cisco, Juniper, Microsoft, and Red Hat