SHIFT: No Weekends
Here at Methodist
Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and
join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We offer you a
generous benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- 401k Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
We are seeking a Nurse Manager of Dialysis for Methodist Hospital - Metropolitan. The Nurse Manager facilitates, coordinates and delegates the delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during their entire hospitalization period. The Nurse Manager is responsible 24 hours a day for the staffing and management of patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each
other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is
as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What you will do in your role:
- Responsible to the Director, Vice President and/or the Chief Nursing Officer
- Works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers.
- Assess and prioritize opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities.
- The Nurse Manager models behavior consistent with the MHS management philosophy actively supports the Mission and Vision of the MHS and effectively maintains the hospital’s Standards of Care and Practice.
qualifications you will need
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred, Master’s degree highly preferred.
- At least 3 years clinical acute care nursing experience.
- 1-year management experience as full time or relief charge nurse, clinical care manager, or Nursing Administrative Supervisor desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferable.
- Must have current RN
license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas or ability to
obtain temporary license prior to hire. Must
have Texas RN license within 90 days of hire.
With over 370 beds
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan offers outstanding heart and cancer care,
general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology
services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder
evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women’s
pavilion is the only stand-alone center city facility dedicated to the health
of women and their newborn babies, welcoming nearly 4,000 newborns into the
world each year. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan is home to the Methodist
Weight Loss Center and has been designated an American Society for Metabolic
Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®.
Our hospital has
been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare, and
for the fourth consecutive year as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the
Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. It is the first hospital in San Antonio
to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been nationally
recognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A
Hospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are also proud to be
an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and
Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission, as well as the first Texas
hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. For more
information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist
Hospital Metropolitan under Locations.
If you find this
opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team.
We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.