Occupancy Planner - Data AnalystJob ID51172Posted18-Apr-2022Service lineGWS SegmentRole typeFull-timeAreas of InterestData & Analytics, Data Centers, Facilities Management, Property Management, Workplace StrategyLocation(s)Mountainview - California - United States of America, Remote - US - Remote - US - United States of America, San Francisco - California - United States of America**JOB SUMMARY**The purpose of this position is to support space planning efforts with complex data extraction, visualization, mining/analysis, reporting andinterpretationofspaceplanningmetricsinanefforttoproviderecommendationsandproposeddata-drivensolutions foraclient'soccupancyneeds. Informs real estate decisions, improves efficiencies, and measures operational performance. Work with complex data problems and translate them into actionable insights.**ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES****Collect, report, and analyze Occupancy Data.**
• Collect, analyze, manipulate data for visualization within an Occupancy Planning team environment. Maintain occupancy data repositories for up-to-date and just-in time requests. Identify, validate, clean, prepare, and maintain critical big data (Occupancy by portfolio, property, org / group and specialized requirements, headcount, seat count, space forecasting) in formats required for reporting, i.e., PLX tables, dashboards, data warehousing.
• Develop data structures and pipelines to organize, collect, cleanse, convert, and standardize - to generate insights. Defines data requirements, gathers and validates information, using judgment and statistical tests. Prepares analyses from qualitative and quantitative occupancy tools (IWMS databases, surveys, utilization sources).
• Perform prioritized ad-hoc reporting to support portfolio questions and decision-making.
• Analyze demands for space by reconciling utilization data from Real Estate, HR & IT: identify trends; compare against leading practices, identify gaps / opportunities; make recommendations to support Occupancy and Workplace strategy business cases and Return to Office strategy**Process and data dashboard development leadership.**
• Guides efforts to automate data collection and analysis, create visualizations, and develop analytic tools to support Occupancy Planning, Location strategy and Workplace strategy projects. Uses tools such as Tableau, Excel Charts, and Google Workspace.
• Create compelling dashboards in partnership with Finance Business Intelligence to inform stakeholders and identify opportunities. Develop ad-hoc analytics, dashboards and reporting based on analysis of existing data sources, utilizing a variety of tool (i.e. SSRS, Tableau) for easy visualization of data.
• Lead process improvement to onboard new occupancy data sources. Provide creative recommendations to ensure Occupancy Planning team is delivering measurable and useful space- related improvements. Identifies opportunities to maximize data usage, applying modeling and optimization methods to develop new strategies and improve business performance.May collaborate within the overall Occupancy Management team to support the data-driven collection and analysis of the following ancillary functions the team is responsible for as a whole:
• Analyzesspacerequirementsandprovidesconceptualspaceplansandrecommendationstorealestateteam(s)and/orstakeholders;May reviewblockorstackplan(s);charter(s) andmovelists.
• Producesdrawingsandpresentationsforinternalstakeholder(s)andclientfacingsteeringcommitteemeetings (Workplace Managers, Business Unit Directors, Leadership, etc.) for review and feedback;involvesprojectmanagementstaffasappropriateformove andconstructionservices.
• Collaborates withotherteammemberstogain businessintelligence.Responsibleforoccupancydatawithin the system of record. May be required to manage space walks for validation and update ofoccupancymetrics.
• Partnerswith otherdepartmentsonmoveandrelocationsequencingandexecution.Liaise withChangeManagementteams as needed.
• MakesrecommendationstoManagementonnecessaryspaceplanningcodechangesand/orrequirementsandupdates.Attendsclientmeetingstocollectrequirements,presentfindingsandrecommendation.Obtainsapprovalstoproceedwhenrequired.Acts as a single point of contact for relevant systems/processes in subject teams and day-to-dayfunctions. Otherdutiesmaybe assigned**SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES**No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.**QUALIFICATIONS**To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.**EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE**Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from 4-year college or university. Master's degree preferred. Minimum three years experience directly related to the delivery of strategic planning services; or equivalent combination of education and experience.AutoCAD drawing experience is required.CAFM software experience is preferred.Knowledge of Google Worksplace (Sheets, Docs, Slides ) is preferred.Previous experience with high-tech, fast paced, start-up environments and working within non-traditional environments (labs / manufacturing spaces) preferred.**CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES**Professional Registration in Architecture or Interior Design preferred.Certification in Corporate Real Estate, LEED or Facilities Management preferred.**COMMUNICATION SKILLS**Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.**FINANCIAL KNOWLEDGE**May require knowledge of financial terms and principles. Conducts basic financial analysis.**REASONING ABILITY**Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.**OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES**Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing and CAD/CAFM software including MS Office Suite (MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel & Visio).Familiar with system furniture design and modular furniture while demonstrating knowledge and adherence to building regulations and health & safety guidelines.Ability to provide efficient, timely and reliable service to client(s). Ability to present information in an effective way. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues. Ability to collaborate, problem solve and multi-task. Ability to adapt to change when necessary.**SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY**Decisions made with thorough knowledge of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Responsible for setting own project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.\#INDSJCBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law._NOTE:_ _An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing._CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)