WHO WE ARE
Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International understands that people require choices in where they want to begin to build a sustainable future. For more than 80 years, Michael Baker International has maintained an entrepreneurial work environment that fosters great careers, which ultimately has brought great success to the organization. Michael Baker offers many opportunities to help you grow professionally to build your career. Whether it is in Finance, IT, Human Resources, Technology, Communications, Proposal Production, Legal or our National Practice and Market segments, take your next step with us and help make a difference in the lives of those you work with and those we serve.
Michael Baker International is seeking an Office Executive to lead the team in our San Antonio, TX office. The successful candidate will be responsible for office administration, business planning, financial management, technical oversight, staff development, business development, quality assurance, and client management for all services provided by the firm in the San Antonio area, to include oversight of the Round Rock, TX office. They will also be responsible for leading and developing a group of professionals servicing state, county, municipal and private sector clients within their respective technical expertise.
- Provide leadership and direction to grow and protect core business; add new markets, new clients and broaden the capabilities of the office
- Continually bring in new work and increase backlog while managing client relationships and guide the application of Michael Baker services to best serve the interests of the client and Michael Baker.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining client relations, including monitoring client satisfaction
- Serve as the “face of Michael Baker International” to the local and regional community
- Responsible for managing 5-10 subordinate supervisors, with oversight of 35-50 employees in various marketing, finance, office administration, production and technical departments.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Be responsible for successful contracting and project execution, working closely with regional Michael Baker International staff and office leadership.
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives
- Direct and coordinate activities of office or region for which responsibility is delegated to further attainment of goals and objectives
- Review analyses of project and production activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives
- Responsible for creating and monitoring office operating budget
- Provide leadership and direction by mentoring and motivating staff on issues such as performance feedback, technical guidance, financial management, and client relations
- Identify and develop emerging talent and leadership to create upward opportunity and succession planning;
- Participate in internal and external professional development activities
- Accountable for market metrics including, but not limited to:
- Revenue and Office Profit
- New Work Added and Backlog
- Workshare and development of Balanced Office Portfolio reflective of Michael Baker International enterprise capabilities
- 15 years in Engineering or Project Management
- 10 years in a supervisory role
- Bachelor’s in Civil Engineering or related field
- Master’s degree or higher; preferred
- Excellent external and internal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong engineering judgment and solid background in transportation.
- Direct relationships and contacts with TXDOT, Regional Mobility Authority, municipal and private clients, contractors
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and Oracle-based ERP Project Financial Reporting System
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensed in the State of Texas or ability to obtain in six (6) months
- Ability to travel up to 25%
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.