The responsibilities of the Onboarding Specialist include helping new hires learn the company policies, showing new hires their job duties, scheduling start dates for new hires, and gathering the necessary paperwork.
To be a successful Onboarding Specialist, you should have a good working knowledge of labor legislation and experience with HR practices. Ultimately, a top-notch Onboarding Specialist should be a great communicator with a flair for interacting with new people.
- A Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field.
- Experience as an Onboarding Specialist or in a similar HR role.
- Experience with HR standard software
- Experience with ATS and resume databases.
- Good working knowledge of HR practices and labor legislation.
- The ability to work with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.