Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership’s assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.
The Plant Operator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of cryogenic processing units, product pumps, compressors and pipeline systems via both computer control center and onsite operations. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate natural gas plant and pipeline equipment including, but not limited to: expanders, reciprocating natural gas compressors, gas fired turbines and centrifugal gas compressors, mole sieve dehydrators, fluid separation equipment, valves, gas measurement equipment, etc.
- Operate plant equipment & system.
- Start-up/Shutdown of plant equipment.
- Adjust controls to operate equipment in the recommended or prescribed operating ranges.
- Visually inspect equipment and controls at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication.
- De-pressure equipment and pipelines.
- Operate valves.
- Monitor plant and pipeline operations and respond to emergency or upset conditions.
- Operate under Process Safety Management (PSM) and Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) required.
- Implement safe work practices and participate in proactive safety culture while ensuring safety for the employee, public and environment at all times.
- Monitor gas gathering system through DCS and SCADA systems and make calls to alert customers of situations that could affect gas deliveries.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and record keeping requirements are met and continually monitored.
- Read, monitor and record various operating conditions such as pressure, temperature, hours of operations, fuel consumed, water levels, etc.
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment including, but not limited to: expanders, reciprocating natural gas compressors, gas fired turbines and centrifugal gas compressors, mole sieve dehydrators, fluid separation equipment, valves, gas measurement equipment, etc.
- Monitor, remove and replace filters, oil, chemicals, other lubricating fluids, gaskets, and valves as needed.
- Maintain sites in a clean condition including picking up/taking out trash, control weeds and grassy areas, minor painting, etc.
- Clean out site glasses as necessary.
- Change out suction/discharge valves on natural gas compressors, light bulbs, gauges, and fuses.
- Improve upon meeting the needs and demands of customers.
- Maintain a near perfect driving record.
- Direct and supervise contract labor involved in plant maintenance activities.
- Collaborate with direct supervisor on new and improved ideas associated with an evolving plant and pipeline system.
- Work a rotating 12 hour shift schedule.
- Backfill other Operators as needed.