Palo Alto Network Engineer
The Palo Alto Network Engineer for ASM Research will provide knowledge in network design, architecture, and administration. The Palo Alto Network Engineer may participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
Responsible for the planning, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of network systems. Determines network requirements. Ensures that network infrastructure is operational and optimal and prepares reports and metrics on network performance. Installs, configures, and maintains network information systems. Responsible for network backup and recovery.
- Responsible for deploying, configuring, managing, and maintaining Palo Alto VM Firewalls within AWS and Azure cloud boundaries by utilizing latest automation techniques.
- Performs technical analysis and administration tasks on Palo Alto Firewalls and F5 virtual appliances which includes: configure, document, Web Proxy, URL filtering, DLP/Antivirus policies, Panorama, install software/firmware upgrades, system patches; provide troubleshooting, fault isolation, preventive maintenance, technical support and problem-solving.
- Participate in planning, implementation, and growth of the infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud within a project team environment.
- Monitors and supports the complex information technology and systems infrastructures.
- Handles requests for system needs and upgrades that are unique or complex and often involve additional research.
- Troubleshoots and resolves unique or complex problems in an efficient manner.
- Performs root cause analysis and diagnostics on the more unique or complex production systems.
- Administers and runs complex tests on virtual appliances and related software.
- Schedules, performs, and monitors system backups and, when necessary, performs data recoveries.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvements and works with team members to implement efficiencies.
- Effectively creates and maintains relevant systems documentation and user guides.
- Applies scripting methodologies to automate IT Admin related tasks.
- Responsible for creating, modifying, managing, and maintaining Palo Alto Firewall VM's Policies and Rules.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex networking and routing related problems
- Design, implement, and conduct test and evaluation procedures to ensure system requirements are met.
- Evaluate hardware and software and resolve LAN/MAN/WAN network related problems
- Applies standard methodology, techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve complex system hardware, software, or networking related problems.
- Ability to plan and coordinate the deployment of new technology and resolve technical problems individually and as a senior project participant.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and to translate technical terminology into terms understandable to non-technical employees.
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure cloud boundary
- 5 years of experience in Network Engineering and Architecture
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent relevant experience
- DoD IAT Level II Approved Certification
- Palo Alto Firewall virtual appliance experience (certification preferred)
- Experience with Panorama Central Management
- Ability to obtain a Secret clearance