Laura D. Heard Law Firm, Inc
Our busy, client-focused office needs a reliable, well-organized and experienced paralegal with a minimum of three years' experience in Texas family law. We're looking for an energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats and who is detail-oriented. We are looking for a paralegal who shares our core values, wants to build a lasting relationship, and is ready to hit the ground running on day one! Your experience will cover every aspect of family law litigation including witness preparation, all phases of discovery, and providing life advice to clients. The candidate with the greatest chance of succeeding will have a desire to problem-solve, to pitch in and help, and to work in a competitive, yet positive, atmosphere. We are looking for a confident and effective communicator, who can interact with clients and handle multiple matters with independence, yet also work well with a team. Everyone on our team must have above-average skills and dedication. A very high standard of morality and integrity are required. At least three years of paralegal experience in family law and in Texas is a must! Experience in probate law is a plus.
Amenities include performance bonuses quarterly, notary license fee paid, company-matched retirement plan after 3 years, health insurance premium assistance, continuing legal education, personal time off and paid holidays. This is a full time position and cannot be done offsite, but in case of quarantine, the candidate will diligently work from home until they are able to come back to the office. If you're looking to fill an invaluable position at a firm and love helping others, apply today.
Are you an experienced family law paralegal who takes pride in providing excellent client service? Are you interested in working in a place that makes a difference in the lives of people and where you can feel satisfied that you and your team are providing quality work product? Are you looking for a high-level role in a business where you can lead a team of like-minded, goal-oriented professionals? Do you hold yourself and your co-workers to a high standard? Are you able to patiently coax reluctant clients to produce discovery documents and tell you their darkest secrets so that we can help and protect them? Do you have mama bear instincts and high moral values? Are you persuasive? Are you habitually on time and prepared? Are you creative? Are you driven to give your projects your very best and do you want to be compensated based on your performance of specific objective goals? Do you want to be a part of a law firm with an excellent reputation, established and growing business, and a solid moral foundation? Are you a self-motivated self-starter who loves to learn new things? Do you want to be given freedom to work independently but also have team support?
If this describes you, let's talk!
- Conduct interviews with clients to gather information about their legal issues
- Assist lawyers in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits
- Work with lawyers to prepare for trial by conducting research on legal articles, preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, filing motions, and assisting with client meetings
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Coordinate law office activity, including the drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- Maintain confidentiality and secure financial and medical documents
- Proofread to produce error-free documents
- Go above and beyond to provide excellent client service
- Participate in group community service activities and marketing events
- Investigate like a boss to ferret out information that is hard to find
- Track and bill for your time
- Maintain a warm and friendly attitude at all times and with people in all walks of life
- At least 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Must have great time-management skills, and organizational skills
- ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate's degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor's degree desired
- Candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have advanced paralegal education will receive preference
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and talent for writing and grammar
- Must be COVID vaccinated
- Must be articulate, persuasive, creative, skilled in teaching and sales
- Must have family law experience in Texas
$42,000 - $45,000 yearly
About Laura D. Heard Law Firm, Inc
Laura D. Heard Law Firm Inc. is an established, rapidly-growing woman-owned law firm in San Antonio, Texas. We handle divorces involving professionals, family-owned businesses, custody matters, adoptions, probate cases and estate planning. We seek to make a positive difference by protecting those who have lost a loved one by death or divorce, and thereby we show God's love to the world. We take seriously the Biblical instruction to offer comfort and fight for justice to widows and orphans, which is the essence of probate and family law. The Firm's core mission and motto are as follows: "We are changing the world, one family at a time. Justice Flows from Truth, Compassion, Wisdom & Persistence."
Laura D. Heard and her team have a commitment to providing concierge-level legal services to their clients. We take pride in producing excellent work with a smile. We treat our clients, opposing counsel and each other with professionalism and respect.