AVANCE - National - San Antonio, TX
4 Year Degree
$45,000.00 - $55,000.00 Salary/year
Up to 25%
The PCEP Coach is responsible for supporting the effective integration of our core Parent-Child Education Program in Early/Head Start operations across the AVANCE network. The PCEP Coach will provide support for the AVANCE Houston leadership and PCEP including guidance on implementation, coaching, technical assistance, training and peer support. This position is based in Harris County. Only applicants from Harris County will be considered.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work alongside the programs team to codify and continuously improve various models of the Parent-Child Education Program to ensure the needs and requirements of Head Start and Early Head Start programs are met.
- Support the building of systems and processes that will assist our AVANCE Houston Chapter to be successful in integrating the Parent-Child Education Program in Head Start and Early Head Start programs (e.g., development of best practices tool-kit).
- Ensure effective implementation of the PCEP program within Head Start/Early Head Start by:
- Facilitating PCEP core training and annual updates.
- Offer targeted professional development based on implementation, data and/or other needs
- Provide coaching to HS/EHS staff implementing PCEP, that supports individual and program growth
- Visit sites to conduct assessments and offer one-on-one program support, such as curriculum planning, model lessons, mentoring, coaching, guided practice and feedback, goal setting, and other support as needed
- Lead collaborative sessions across sites to gather feedback, support innovation, and encourage peer support
- Build and maintain positive relationships with local program and all network staff
- Evaluate support services to continuously improve and adapt based on local needs
- Ensure a culture of continuous improvement & user-centered focus:
- Continuously improving the PCEP curriculum
- Managing data collection, analysis, and evaluation
- Implementing data-informed decision-making to support training strategies and to make program improvements
- Annually, update PCEP components and training based on the needs of staff
- Communicate with leadership on programmatic status, updates and any concerns regarding the implementation of the PCEP
- Participate in assigned meetings, events and training as required
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of classroom experience teaching adult learners
- Minimum of three (3) years Head Start/Early Head Start experience
- Charismatic trainer with experience training, mentoring and coaching teachers or adult learners
- Independent, self-starter with a positive attitude
- Strong alignment with AVANCEs values, especially in meeting our clients where they are and valuing diversity
- Travel up to 50% of the time for meetings and site observations
- Valid drivers license and access to a vehicle
- Bachelors Degree in Education or related field
- Spanish fluency helpful, but not required
- Experience with implementation of AVANCEs Parent-Child Education Program
- Experience with curriculum writing
- Experience with project management
- Creative problem solver who embraces change and a culture of excellence
- Extremely organized
- Ability to sit most of the time with some bending and reaching.
- Ability to stand, walk, and bend periodically.
- Ability to engage in repetitive movement of wrists, hands, and fingers typing and/or writing.
- Ability to work frequently at close visual range (i.e., preparing and analyzing data and figures, accounting, transcription, computer terminal, extensive reading).
- Ability to receive and respond to oral communication.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Flexible work environment with option to work from home
- Noise level in the work environment is moderate to occasionally loud (examples: business office with computers and printers, light to moderate traffic, human voices).
- Standard office equipment generally used includes:
- Personal Computer (monitor, keyboard, and mouse) or Tablet
- Printer/Photocopy Machine
- May be required to operate a motor vehicle during the course of duties.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and healthy workplace.