Ref ID: 04080-0011807275
Classification: Sr. Accountant
Compensation: $29.45 to $32.00 hourly
Quick Books Accountant needed for a local nonprofit.
Our client a local nonprofit is hiring for a Quick Books Accountant.
As the Accountant, you will be responsible for but not limited to the following job duties:
• Process payroll for 31 employees in Quick Books
• Bank Account Reconciliations
• Financial Statement Preparation
• Assist with Month End Close Process
• Assist with Producing Financials for Board
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Verifies, allocates, posts, and reconciles transactions.
• Reconciles bank accounts and general ledger monthly.
• Additional duties will be assigned by the accounting manager and or executive director
Education and Experience:
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
• Experience with creating financial statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
• Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• Bachelor's Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
• Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards (GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley), gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues
Quickbooks and Microsoft Excel familiarity is key to being successful in this role. This successful and growing non-profit needs an Accountant for 25-30 hours per week. If you are extremely detail oriented, able to multitask and are looking to work in a fast-paced environment - this position is for you! Apply online and call Kat Cortez at 210.507.0112 for immediate consideration. Apply today and start your new job tomorrow!