The Patient Services Coordinator performs a wide variety of duties associated with patient services. This position is responsible for all components of the patient experience ranging from patient in-take, office visit, patient close-out, and appointment scheduling. The position also oversees the reporting function for the clinic including compliance specific reports as well as corporate statistics.
- Prepares weekly reports including documentation for management regarding the status of Data Rap appointments and general patient information
- Oversees the membership report and ensure that information provided by the information technology department is updated on a bi-weekly basis to reflect all current patient data
- Coordinates initial patient contact and ensures patient eligibility to clinic and verifies that the appropriate primary care physician is listed prior to setting up appointments
- Prepares and mails out new patient packets to include welcome letter, magnets, bios, and appointment confirmation dates
- Initiates Comfort Care appointments for patients as needed and trouble shoots problems that may arise between Comfort Care and the patient
- Completes a monthly membership report to review new members and to check for patients that are not reachable
- Coordinates with PHC customer service for patients that are not reachable as well as involving management to take next steps to follow-up with the patient
- Validates patients’ attestation sheets and conducts research to determine if and when a patient may need a follow-up visit
- Coordinates with the physicians and ensures a timely submission of the attestation sheets to the Data Rap department
- Reviews and tracks the Data Rap process to ensure patients are scheduled in a timely manner and or re-schedule as needed
- Provides customer service to patients in person and via phone. Greets patients as they arrive and ensures appropriate paperwork and accompanying documentation is completed and collected for patient file and billing
- Inputs and/or updates patient demographic information in RIS and advises on the collection of patient payment
- Schedule routine and follow-up appointments. Reviews all incoming faxes and routes to the appropriate area of the clinic
- Serves as a team lead as needed by the Clinic Administrator
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience working in a medical office
- Proficient in PC software computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and other departmental specific programs/applications
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and localmasking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
- Possess planning, organizing, conflict resolution, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Independent problem identification/resolution and decision making skills
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks, demands simultaneously
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Patient Care Coordinator, Medical Front Office Lead, Medical Receptionist, Medical Office Specialist, San Antonio, TX, Texas