SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Resource department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment assistance, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Patient Care Technician to join our team who performs a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN) in a complementary and assistive role. He/she assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance to the PCT’s training, competence and skill, hospital policies and procedures and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks to unlicensed personnel (Rule 224.6). Consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
- Under the supervision of the RN, performs delegated patient care activities as directed and ordered in accordance with one’s training, competence and skill. Delegated tasks may include:
- Obtaining vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, calorie counts, and/or simple non-sterile dressing changes
- Safe patient handling: Turning and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer and use of transfer devices, ambulation assistance and use of assistive devices, restraint alternatives, oxygen use and transport, suction use, pre-operative skin preparation and/or use of sequential compression devices (SCD)
- Specimen collection to include blood collection for bedside glucose testing
- Consistently assists with maintaining a safe patient environment to include:
- Addressing identified hazards in the physical environment of the patient room to prevent patient falls
- Hand hygiene and consistent use of standard precautions
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate following transmission based precautions procedures
- Communicates timely and accurate information for delegated patient care activities performed to include observed patient response to performed activities to the assigned RN in a written or verbal format following hand-off communication guidelines.
- Assists the RN to collect data from patients on admission for patient processing and assists with patient transfer or discharge preparations as instructed.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming, changing linens, providing water, assisting with meal delivery and feeding as directed.
- Performs hourly rounding, consistently uses AIDET when interacting with patients and answers and responds to call lights timely.
- Preferred: Previous PCT, Nurse aide, orderly experience in a healthcare setting OR ONE of the following:
- Completion of a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) training program AND CNA certification with the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services on hire.
- Completion of an EMS (Emergency Medical System) training program AND
- EMT certification with the Texas Department of State Health Services on hire.
- MHS employee in an LVN job description as of December 1, 2011.
Center City SanAntonio is the backdrop for a vibrant and diverse community of patients servedby Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our 354 bed hospital offers outstandingheart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery,obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitationservices, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtownSan Antonio. Our Suzell Waller Women’s pavilion, the only stand-alone facilityin downtown San Antonio dedicated to the health of women and their newbornbabies, has earned an excellent reputation, one baby at a time.
MetropolitanMethodist Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place toWork in Healthcare and for the third consecutive year as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality bythe Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are pleased to announce it isthe first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designationby the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We have also been nationallyrecognized by Leapfrog for our focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade AHospital Safety Score for 5 consecutive rating periods, as well as Leapfrog’sTop General Hospital award in 2017. For more information, please visit ourwebsite at www.sahealth.comand select Metropolitan Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.