Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
The Patient Services Coordinator, Telemedicine performs a wide variety of duties associated with patient services. This position is responsible for all components of the patient experience ranging from patient in-take, medical records administration, and notifications to patient primary care providers. The position also oversees the reporting function for the clinic including compliance specific reports as well as corporate statistics
- Prepares weekly reports including documentation for management regarding the status of appointments and general patient information
- Verifies patient eligibility and verifies that the appropriate primary care physician is listed prior to connecting telemedicine visits
- Assists as needed in the development of marketing materials to support telemedicine visits.
- Facilitates the notification to patient primary care providers or other appropriate providers following telemedicine visits
- Provides customer service to patients in person and via phone. Greets patients as they arrive and ensures appropriate paperwork and accompanying documentation is completed and collected for patient file and billing.
- Inputs and/or updates patient demographic information as needed
- Serves as a team lead as needed by the Clinic Administrator and Medical Director, Telemedicine
- Tracks and monitors completion of visit summaries in telemedicine platforms; verifies quality of information as needed for billing
- Assists with schedule management for telemedicine visits as needed
- Supports the On Demand Telemedicine providers and team members as needed to identify and troubleshoot issues related to patient care coordination
- Elevates issues to appropriate business areas
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
This is an office-based position located at our office off of Network, Blvd., 78249 in San Antonio, TX
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma or GED
- Three or more years of experience working in a medical office
- Proficient in PC software computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and other departmental specific programs/applications
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
- Possess planning, organizing, conflict resolution, negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Independent problem identification/resolution and decision making skills
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks, demands simultaneously
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Telemedicine, Patient Services Coordinator, PSR, Patient Care Technician, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Seguin, Gonzales, Shiner, Yoakum, Boerne, Floresville, Helotes, 78251, Texas, TX