Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work. (sm)
WellMed provides concierge – level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic stat that understands and care about the patient’s health. WellMed’s proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
The Palliative Care PSR is responsible for scheduling all new patient evaluations, follow up appointments, answering phones and mapping routes for home visits.
- Schedules all new patient evaluations for palliative care
- Schedules all follow up appointments for palliative care physicians, RNs and LVNs
- Responsible for mapping patient home visit driving routes for palliative providers using a web-based application (Google maps, Map Quest, etc.)
- Completes intake for all new patient referrals
- Updates and maintains master list of palliative / bridges patients for reports
- Updates and maintains SharePoint with all patient changes
- Answer phones, resolves call or routes to appropriate contact
- Manages medical records (maintains, files / scans, prepares for schedule)
- Ensures all correspondence is scanned and / or filed in timely manner
- Processes requests for medical records release and maintains appropriate logs, etc.
- Greets patients as they arrive and manages 20 minute wait time
- Assists patient with intake processes including copying required documents
- Collects co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles and issues receipts
- Manages cashier box and daily deposits according to company policies
- Processes walk-in patients and visitors
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
WellMed at Medical Ctr. / Louis Pasteu Dr., 78229 / near Methodist Hospital and Frost Bank.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school graduate or GED
- 1+ years of related work experience including data entry
- Efficient with Microsoft Office applications to include Excel, Word and Outlook
- Experience with navigating Internet tools such as Google Map and Map Quest
- Working knowledge of medical office procedures and medical terminology
- Ability to accurately sort and file materials by alphabetic or numeric systems
- Effective communication and customer service skills
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- ICD 9 and CPT coding experience
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) language proficiency
- Working knowledge of EMR and TruCare
- Experience in a physician’s office, clinical or hospital setting
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 100 pounds of force
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate equipment and / or machinery
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and / or in writing
- Ability to use logical reasoning for simple and complex problem solving
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Clinical, Palliative Patient Services Representative, PSR, Patient Care Technician, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Seguin, Gonzales, Shiner, Yoakum, Boerne, Floresville, Helotes, Texas, TX