About the Company:
Join this amazing nonprofit who's vision is to put God's love into action by bringing people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
Reasons to take this Payroll Accountant Role:
- Excellent benefits
- Awesome downtown location
- Great office
- Team environment
Responsibilities for the Payroll Accountant:
- Maintains and reviews payroll processing and accounting systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations and changes in pay or benefit rates.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hour laws and best practices.
- Prepares required payroll related tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Company liaison and subject matter expert on all payroll related systems and programs.
- Assist with new hire orientation, as needed.
- Performs general financial accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Codes invoices, reconciles accounts, and assist in month end close procedures.
- Reconciles bank accounts (non-payroll) at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Preferred Qualifications for the Payroll Accountant:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role
- Proficient with accounting and payroll software.
- General knowledge of GAAP.