PAYROLL MANAGER- AUTO DEALERSHIPOur long term client in the San Antonio area with multiple locations is seeking a strong Payroll Manager. The role is only available because our candidate we placed 5 years ago has decided to take a step back and work part time. The company has a great culture with many tenured employees- they are like a family!The Payroll Manager will be responsible for providing effective leadership and administration of the payroll department to ensure this department's activities and services reflect positively on the company, that employee payroll matters are handled conscientiously, fairly, and compassionately, and that the company is compliant with legal, tax, and accounting requirements.The role will offer autonomy, great company culture, benefits & pto!
WHAT WILL THE PAYROLL MANAGER DO?
- Exercises discretion with work relationships to prevent interference with primary responsibility of payroll administration. Payroll personnel must avoid possible conflicts of interest and exercise judicious care with friendships among coworkers and colleagues. Maintains confidentiality of all payroll-related material/information.
- Compiles payroll data such as hours worked; sales volume, bonuses, and commissions; monies to be withheld for taxes; employee contributions to insurance and retirement plans; etc., from time sheets and other records in accordance with requirements of law and the employer.
- Maintains current, accurate master payroll records by verifying and recording changes affecting net wages such as federal and state tax exemptions, insurance coverage, etc., and data concerning compensation increases, promotions, and/or transfer of employees between departments.
- Computes wages and deductions, reviews for accuracy, acquires all required signatures/approvals from authorized management and posts to payroll records.
- Ensures legal compliance/confidentiality with all payroll/personnel matters.
- Prepares and issues pay vouchers via direct deposit or other designated method.
- Keeps records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Prepares periodic reports of earnings, taxes, and deductions.
- Finalizes file closure documents of exiting employees.
- Prepares and submits/files necessary tax documents (via online or otherwise)..
- Oversees and reports to management any discrepancies in pay, timekeeping or similar functions. Actively monitors records and produces 'exception' reports or similar documentation to assist management in enforcing legal and employer compliance concerns. Communicates with managers as needed to ensure uniformly applied policies.
- Coordinates with Business Manager on payroll related matters recognizing the Business Manager's relevance to recordkeeping as the Custodian of Records.
- Maintains records for vacations and sick-day eligibility. Works directly with managers to ensure their understanding of the requirements and restrictions.
- Secures all payroll and employment related information consistent with employer policy and actively guards the sharing of any such information from unauthorized persons.
- Processes all employee insurance forms and insurance payments in coordination with Business Manager.
- Performs monthly accounting reconciliation of all benefits statements to ensure accuracy of billing and timely payment. Provides supporting reports and documentation to authorized agents as requested (such as Human Resources). Collects and submits payments or approvals for payments as needed.
- Attends training as informed. Ensures back-up agent is trained to ensure accurate, timely, and complete assumption of duties will occur in the event of planned or unplanned absence.
- Maintain thorough notes of processes and procedures and amendments to these procedures as they occur. Notes must be kept on-site and easily accessible in the event of an emergency absence. Maintain system of organization that allows for easy access to assist and oversee process when needed.
- Provide administrative and reporting services as needed (timekeeping, benefits, employment, etc.) and/or requested by Human Resources or similar authority.
- Respond to all chargeback, child support, and similar orders promptly and with 100% legal compliance.
- Ensure timely, accurate transmittal of all payrolls.
- Maintain current knowledge of legal and compliance-related requirements concerning payroll.
- Work courteously and cooperatively with customers, peers, and management.
WHAT WE NEED IN A PAYROLL MANAGER:
- ADP experience a plus
- 2+ years experience with auto dealership industry.
- Bilingual a Plus
- Automotive payroll management certifications a plus