Please ask about our SIGN-ON BONUS.
In this role, the LVN or RN will provide coordinated skilled nursing care to pediatric patients in their place of residence. Nurses will demonstrate accountability and responsibility in collaborating with the team (PHH staff, patient/family, and referring agency) to establish and achieve patient goals and maintain high quality patient care. These services will be performed in accordance with physician's orders and under the supervision of the Director of Patient Care Services.
Candidates are required to have at least 6 months of nursing experience. We are looking for an individual who is compassionate and comfortable working within patient's homes. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are vital when dealing with and educating patients and their families. Willingness to work a flexible schedule is a must.
Your primary function is to administer skilled nursing care to pediatric patients in their place of residence as well as coordinate care with the interdisciplinary team, patient/family, and referring agency. Under the direction of the Director of Patient Care Services, you will assist in identifying the patient's physical, psycho, social and environmental needs as evidenced by documentation, clinical record, case conference, team report, and evaluations. Your work will offer variety and the environment with which to build a relationship with patients and families.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- A certificate/degree from an accredited school of vocational nursing.
- A current Texas State license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) OR Registered Nurse (RN).
- A current Texas driver license.
- Proof of current and agency accepted CPR.
- Reliable transportation and proof of current and valid auto liability insurance.
- The ability to lift patients when applicable.
- Quick decision-making skills.
- IV Infusion and PICC Line experience, a plus.
- Spanish speaking skills, a plus.